What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jetsetter 230v - Heater Not Working When Jets Running  (Read 2548 times)

londonman

Jetsetter 230v - Heater Not Working When Jets Running
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:52:41 am »
We just received a new Jetsetter a month ago to replace one almost 20 years old.  The old one was converted for 230v and so I was able to do the same for the new Jetsetter after pulling the two jumpers in the terminal block and making all the wiring connections per the 230v conversion instructions in the manual.  The spa fired right up with all systems working fine. 

What I have recently noticed is that when the jets are on the heater does not seem to kick on once the water temp drops a few degrees (which is what you would expect in the 110v setup).  When I turn off the jets the hot water starts coming up through the floor fitting almost immediately.

Did I miss an additional step in the 110 to 230v conversion?  In the old Jetsetter with the IQ2000, there were a few switches that needed to be repositioned to make the 230v conversion, but I could not find any instructions to do that on the new spa's IQ2020 control box.  Or could it be that the water temp needs to drop more before the heater kicks on while the jets are running (though I don't like that theory as the heater does kick on when I turn off the jets in that situation).

Any insight would be appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Jetsetter 230v - Heater Not Working When Jets Running
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:52:41 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Jetsetter 230v - Heater Not Working When Jets Running
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:43:24 am »
There may be some programming you need to do on the topside. Check with your dealer, or call Hot Spring.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Jetsetter 230v - Heater Not Working When Jets Running
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:43:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42