What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new member - purchase advise  (Read 3853 times)

halo1

new member - purchase advise
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:37:56 am »
New to spas and I think I have my choices narrowed down to a saratoga victoria model and a hotspring vista model. Any recommendations on either??  

Also, I have travelled to several dealers and it appears that the pricing on the spas are firm with no negotiation. Is this the case everywhere or is there in fact room for negotiation on these spas??

Thanks - Dave

Hot Tub Forum

new member - purchase advise
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:37:56 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: new member - purchase advise
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 08:10:18 am »
Wet test all of the models you are considering, and go from there.  
As far as pricing, there is no stock answer.  Pick your spa, make an offer, and see where it goes.  But don't get too hung up on price.  Take my word, once you are soaking away, the price you paid for your spa makes absolutely no difference.  
Brewman
Brewman

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 09:35:02 am »
I've owned my HotSpring Landmark for a year and a half and we absolutely love.  No problems at all.  So my advice....Buy the Hot Spring.  You will not be sorry.

zzaphod42

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 11:51:43 am »
New to spas and I think I have my choices narrowed down to a saratoga victoria model and a hotspring vista model. Any recommendations on either??  

Also, I have travelled to several dealers and it appears that the pricing on the spas are firm with no negotiation. Is this the case everywhere or is there in fact room for negotiation on these spas??

Thanks - Dave

The prices can be negotiable depending on the dealer. In my showroom the prices are firm, (Unless you're my mom of course :)) yet I know one of my competitors allows for a LOT of "wiggle" room.  Some people prefer to haggle, and like to see huge (perceived, but not necessarily true) savings, while others are more comfortable knowing that the price is the same regardless of who you are.

If a dealer is willing to negotiate, it's often necessary for them to know that you are indeed serious about buying. If they won't budge on price, you can also try to have things "thrown in." Free delivery, steps, cover remover, etc...

Remember, as Brewman said, the price you pay will be quickly forgotten after that first heavenly soak.

Joe

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 11:55:10 am »
You gotta go with the Hot Spring spa. I know a couple of the people involved with Saratoga and I would not do business with them. But that's just me.

Thanks - Dave

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 04:30:24 pm »
I was considering vista  as well but ended up ordering the sundance optima after wet testing both of them.

After the wet test i relised that i did not care much for the lounger on the vista and felt that the jets on the sundance were better placed.(Did not care for the Moto Massage).

Buying a hot tub requires one to wet test different models from multiple manufacturers. This forum was also very helpful in my decision process.

I'am eagerly waiting for my optima!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 04:30:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42