What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog filter cleaner  (Read 3061 times)

Thisismyname

Bullfrog filter cleaner
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:39 pm »
About ready for my 1st water change in my A8.  Running a mineral stick with mps mostly.

What's the best solution for cleaning the filters after spraying them? Any recommendations for chemicals?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog filter cleaner
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:39 pm »

bud16415

Re: Bullfrog filter cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:42:04 am »
The stuff that builds up on filters is waxy, greasy like buildup with dirt and stuff mixed in. What happens to grease when you put ice cold water on it?

When we installed our tub I added a hose outlet outside that is connected inside to a mixer valve setup where I can feed it hot or cold or mixture. I clean our filter with pure hot. It melts the scum and propels it away. Get a jet nozzle not just a regular sprayer set to jet. All I have ever used was just hot water and our filters are 3 times the recommended replacement life and still white and clean.

I have also been told by friends they use their dish washer without soap and no heated drying. I haven’t tried that as I’m doing about the same thing outside on the deck.

The hot water outside is also nice for getting rid of ice on steps in the winter etc and for topping off the tub without cooling it down.   

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:43 am »
About ready for my 1st water change in my A8.  Running a mineral stick with mps mostly.

What's the best solution for cleaning the filters after spraying them? Any recommendations for chemicals?

It is best to clean the filters weekly with hot water, but for every water change it is definitely better to do a "super" soak overnight in a solution...This is what I have used with great results:

https://www.spadepot.com/Power-Soak-Spa-Filter-Cleaner-P92

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42