What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying my first tub  (Read 20377 times)

castletonia

Re: Buying my first tub
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:43 pm »
Shrugs,

Not sure how far you want to travel, but I am a Marquis dealer up in Appleton.  My store is a little disfunctional right now because we just moved, but I do have the higher end Marquis's on my showroom.  I currently have a filled Euphoria and a empty Epic.  If I am not too far for you and you are interested, PM me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:43 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 05:40:08 pm »
Shrugs,

Not sure how far you want to travel, but I am a Marquis dealer up in Appleton.  My store is a little disfunctional right now because we just moved, but I do have the higher end Marquis's on my showroom.  I currently have a filled Euphoria and a empty Epic.  If I am not too far for you and you are interested, PM me.

Shrugs this is the guy I was talking about in the private messages. I thought I sent you to his store

castletonia

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »
I have no idea who the first dealer he went to was, but I am pretty sure the second was Baker Pool & Fitness in Franklin, WI.  If so, that's not me.  We split away from that Baker almost 2 years ago.  They are only carrying E-Series and Celebrity series where I have Signature as well.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 08:08:25 pm »
I have no idea who the first dealer he went to was, but I am pretty sure the second was Baker Pool & Fitness in Franklin, WI.  If so, that's not me.  We split away from that Baker almost 2 years ago.  They are only carrying E-Series and Celebrity series where I have Signature as well.

That is where I sent him. For some reason I thought that was you. My fault

amy2421

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 09:16:40 pm »
So what is the story with Marquis having so many shoddy dealers?? It is a common refrain on here. My experience was the same. I wish I had looked at one because of the high praise they receive on here, but the local dealer experience was such a major turn off that I ruled them out without even knowing much about them.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 09:30:06 pm »
So what is the story with Marquis having so many shoddy dealers?? It is a common refrain on here. My experience was the same. I wish I had looked at one because of the high praise they receive on here, but the local dealer experience was such a major turn off that I ruled them out without even knowing much about them.

I honestly have no idea. The other dealers I know have good inventories and are knowledgable. Most of the other Marquis dealers I know are on the east coast like myself. I try to keep a full lineup in stock at all times so I can properly show the entire line

castletonia

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 09:32:55 pm »
Every company has good and bad dealers.  In Wisconsin, you cannot cut off a dealer unless they are doing something detrimental to the brand or product they are supposed to representing.  Really small dealers, like the first one I think Shrugs visited first, don't always have the resources or staff to always represent the product in the best way possible, and in the case of the other, they also sell pools, patio furniture and exercise equipment, so the priorities are divided.  The other Baker Pool are good guys, they are just concentrating on the mid to lower price segments.

amy2421

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:24 pm »
That's what the local HotSprings dealer is like, they are mainly a pool dealer. They have a huge showroom jam-packed with patio furniture and umbrellas. The HotSprings spas (I think they have 2 other lines as well) are in a section off to the side. When we were there, the only rep on the spa side of things was run off his feet (good for him!) but it was hard for us to get any info. Then he informed us that their only filled hot tub was not available for wet-testing and was being drained soon because they had to re-do their electrical, and no, none of their other locations offered wet tests either.

CCC

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 02:39:02 am »
I had a similar experience at a Marquis dealer that is only 2 hours from the factory. Go figure.

Shrugs

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:06 am »
Shrugs,

This should work as I am trying to get up to Appleton next week to wet test a Jacuzzi J-375. Its about an hour and 45min drive or 100miles or so. I also have to travel the same distance to test the Artesian line down in Illinois. Looks like I'll be doing some traveling soon.
Shrugs

Shrugs

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 05:52:20 am »
On a side note I just wet tested the Hotspring and Sundance. The Envoy and Optima were filled and ready in individual rooms. The store was extremely nice I was blown away they actually had wet testing private rooms with towels and robes hanging with a full shower for rinsing off afterwards. The Envoy was ok but a little weak on jet pressure. 6 jets came off floating around during my soak. The Moto massage seat was nice with weak foot jets. I didnt care for the water feature it seemed a little cheesy and you couldnt adjust the flo its all or nothin. Ive given up on tracking down a Gleam theyre no where to be found. The Optima was nicer all around. Nice jet pressure and decent foot jets. The waterfall feature was relaxing and adjustable also. No lounge in the Optima so I didnt get the feel for that. They do have a Maxxus empty on the floor thats calling my name. I sat in it empty before I left and the lounge felt very nice and has 2 big foot jets. I also like how you get 8 total calf jets with 2 on each side of calves in the Maxxus. Extremely deep tub which I loved. So after experiencing Sundance jets I have to say The Maxxus is my top choice so far...
Next week I will try and make the drive and cover the Jacuzzi, Artesian, and possibly Marquis.
Shrugs

Keagan

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 07:34:59 am »
Well wet tested the A8D tonight with a friend of mine and we both enjoyed the tub for the most part. Good quality and the owner of the store was very polite and helpful. This was the best tub so far. Tried lots of different jet paks probably around 10-12 different paks. The NeckMasseuse & Oscillator were my two favorites. The Gyrossage was right at the top also. The Wellness & Deep Relief were a must too. Didn't get to try the Cascadia with waterfall because from what the owner said its not a big hit so he doesnt stock that one. No biggie there. The A8D has 2 lounge seats and putting the Rainshower pak in the secondary lounge was very nice as well for those nights you want it quiet but still get a light massage. Very nice. All in all pretty nice. The only complaint we both had was the foot jets. The foot jets in middle of tub were very weak at best and the foot jets in the main lounge seat were barely better. I wouldve been sold if it werent for the foot jets. I even tried turning some jet paks off and the foot jets were still very weak. I have plantar fasciitis in my left heel and strong foot jets are a must for me especially in the main lounge seat. The tub seamed very well built when we opened it up to have a peek inside. Great insulation and framing. In the next few days I'm off to try Jacuzzi & Sundance Maxxus. Pretty excited about the lounge in the Maxxus just from the looks. Also if anyone has any feedback on LA Spas quality it would be appreciated. I'm trying to track down the Paradise H2.
Thanks for all the help!
Shrugs

What was wrong with the Master Spa may I ask? It looks pretty good from the video and pics I saw of it. I Don't want to waste my money if it's rubbish though.

seanmaz

Controlling pool equipment with smart phone
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 10:37:08 am »

I bought the smart pool timer from Thermomart in the following link,
http://www.thermomart.com/cellphone-wifi-app-google-alexa/Timer-Pool-Spa-Hot-Tub-Sauna
The product works. It’s good quality. It is easy to download the app and I paired it in 15 minutes.
This timer saves me $30-$50 a month and also I do everything on my cellphone or by voice (by Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant) from anywhere!
The Timer can be programmed as scheduled (24 hours 7 days with 8 events) or loop timers if you want to use more event every day. It has a countdown timer too.
It has a waterproof box and it is suitable for outside. I use the sharing system and now my wife can control the pool pump too.
Would definitely recommend purchasing.

Hot Tub Forum

Controlling pool equipment with smart phone
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 10:37:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42