What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying my first tub  (Read 20378 times)

Shrugs

Re: Buying my first tub
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:04 pm »
No real massage in anything. Just jets blowin everywhere. Cheap cabinet and terrible reviews. Like I said in post number 1, only thing I liked were the foot jets.
Shrugs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:04 pm »

Sam

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »
That's one of my only complaints about Bullfrog.  Their foot jets are pretty weaksauce.  The absolute best foot jets I have ever seen are in Artesian Spas Island line.  Their "foot blasters" are amazing.  There is a whole entire pump just to power 2 foot jets. 

Also, I agree about skipping Master Spas.  They are low to medium quality and the company condones dishonest and shady sales tactics.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 08:05:00 pm »
Sundance have awesome foot jets.
Retired

Shrugs

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:50 am »
Sundance have awesome foot jets.

Glad to hear. I will be checking out Sundance very soon. Thanks for the input.
Shrugs

Shrugs

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:41 am »
That's one of my only complaints about Bullfrog.  Their foot jets are pretty weaksauce.  The absolute best foot jets I have ever seen are in Artesian Spas Island line.  Their "foot blasters" are amazing.  There is a whole entire pump just to power 2 foot jets. 

Also, I agree about skipping Master Spas.  They are low to medium quality and the company condones dishonest and shady sales tactics.

Is Artesian worth checking out? I have a dealer less than 10 miles away. The Margarita Elite looks nice. The foot blasters sound awesome. Hows the quality on Artesian anyone around here own one?
Appreciated,
Shrugs

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »
Hey Shrugs,
We purchased a Margarita Elite  but have not taken delivery yet as the backyard renovation is still progressing. But, the wife and I wet tested all the biggies,  Grandee, Cantabria, J495, and  A8L. (We have 3 kids.) We liked  the Margarita Elite the best, and saved thousands over the others. (There was a promo running at the time). As for aesthetics, the J495 was the best looking. Artesian is worth a look and wet test.
Good luck.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:48 pm »

Is Artesian worth checking out? I have a dealer less than 10 miles away. The Margarita Elite looks nice. The foot blasters sound awesome. Hows the quality on Artesian anyone around here own one?
Appreciated,
Shrugs

Not a bad spa, sold them years ago, they were reliable enough but biggest complaints we got were from new customers mainly with warranty complaints so make sure you are researching warranties when shopping around various Hot Tub brands. Worst one on an Artesian is 0 warranty on lights so ya it was real fun when someone bought a $8,000 tub and there lights went out in the first month and I was the lucky one to explain there is no warranty on them, there are a few other exclusions and/or limitations that you won't see in other brands as well if you dig into it...good luck in your search

Shrugs

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 12:19:45 am »
Hey Shrugs,
We purchased a Margarita Elite  but have not taken delivery yet as the backyard renovation is still progressing. But, the wife and I wet tested all the biggies,  Grandee, Cantabria, J495, and  A8L. (We have 3 kids.) We liked  the Margarita Elite the best, and saved thousands over the others. (There was a promo running at the time). As for aesthetics, the J495 was the best looking. Artesian is worth a look and wet test.
Good luck.

Hey thanks! Being that its the closest driving distance to me so far outta any of the tubs I think I'll swing over and look at them tomorrow.

CCC

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 11:06:06 pm »
Howdy! Was wondering what your impressions of the Grandee were. Also, I tested a Marquis with an amazing foot jet and it is available in several models. Good luck!

dave48103

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 01:57:44 pm »
What was wrong with the Master Spa may I ask? It looks pretty good from the video and pics I saw of it. I Don't want to waste my money if it's rubbish though.

We've had our masterspa for almost a year and absolutely love it. Not one complaint. No service issues. The jets are amazing. I don't float out of the loungers. The water is always clear. And it has only cost between $25-$45/ month to operate. I have a half dozen friends with other name brand tubs and imo aren't as good as far as the feel of the jets. My only issue is with the crappy balboa wifi unit, but that's not an issue with masterspa

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »
What was wrong with the Master Spa may I ask? It looks pretty good from the video and pics I saw of it. I Don't want to waste my money if it's rubbish though.

We've had our masterspa for almost a year and absolutely love it. Not one complaint. No service issues. The jets are amazing. I don't float out of the loungers. The water is always clear. And it has only cost between $25-$45/ month to operate. I have a half dozen friends with other name brand tubs and imo aren't as good as far as the feel of the jets. My only issue is with the crappy balboa wifi unit, but that's not an issue with masterspa

The biggest issue with master spas is their deceptive sales practices. There tubs are a decent middle of the road tub. Usually the biggest complaint is energy efficiency because they aren't very well insulated. Where do you live?  Must be somewhere warm

dave48103

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 06:01:00 pm »

The biggest issue with master spas is their deceptive sales practices. There tubs are a decent middle of the road tub. Usually the biggest complaint is energy efficiency because they aren't very well insulated. Where do you live?  Must be somewhere warm

We live in Michigan.  And we attached an in-line electric meter on the power line so we know exactly what we are using. I can't speak for older tubs, but our tub is fully sprayed insulation.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 12:22:17 am »

We live in Michigan.  And we attached an in-line electric meter on the power line so we know exactly what we are using. I can't speak for older tubs, but our tub is fully sprayed insulation.

No offense Dave but, are you sure you don't work for Master spa? I live in Northern Minnesota and have never seen a MS do better than 50-60 on the low end. Have some local tubs that are even higher. Local dealer is long gone. Lots of pumps, lots of water moving around. No real hydrotherapy and energy hungry. Middle of the road quality. I'd rather have a Cal Spa.
Retired

dave48103

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »
No worries, no offense taken. Perhaps the new legend series just is more efficient than other older models. And northern Minnesota is a lot colder then southern Michigan. I can't speak to any deceptive practices from masterspa. either. Our purchase went very smoothly. And no, I don't work for them

Shrugs

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 11:52:02 am »
Ok so I checked out a place about 45mins away that deals in Marquis because the last place was a run down dive. This place was almost as bad! The guy was in awe that I wanted to check out an Epic and said we dont carry anything that high end. Lol! Wow. Anyways going to wet test Hotspring & Sundance today. They have a Maxxus on the floor which is a nice relief. Excited for both tubs! Should be a great day! I'll report back tonight on how things went.
Shrugs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 11:52:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42