What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ring around water line  (Read 2197 times)

crash2018

Ring around water line
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:32:29 pm »
I am hoping that I can get a little help here on this forum. I have a Bullfrog A7 with a salt system added. During my draining and cleaning I noticed this ring around the water line. I was able to remove the ring with lots of elbow grease. Just wondering what chemical I might have off that is causing this problem.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:48:26 pm by crash2018 »

Hot Tub Forum

Ring around water line
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:32:29 pm »

Sam

Re: Ring around water line
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:07:11 pm »
Every hot tub is going to get a water line at some point.  That looks to me like calcium deposit.  Do you have hard water?  What happens is that as the water level decreases due to evaporation, the water that was there dries and leaves that residue.  Other water lines are from oils on our skin or in our grooming products, but those tend to be brown.  Oil and water don't mix so the oils rise to the surface and float there.  When they bump into the side walls they stick. 

Take away is, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If it is indeed hard water there are products that keep the calcium in suspension to prevent it from depositing on surfaces.  They are called sequestering agents.  I've had good luck with Defender by Leisure Time. 

For oil based water lines there are enzymatic products that will help.  There are also oil absorbent "sponges" that work well.  I don't think this is your problem though.  It really just looks like hard water staining.  You can wipe it away pretty easily with a mr. clean magic eraser.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Ring around water line
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:07:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42