What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi - leaking adapter  (Read 3962 times)

Cooperdog

Jacuzzi - leaking adapter
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »
I have a Jacuzzi J-345 and the plastic adapter that comes out of the two-stage pump and the hose attaches to is broken and leaking where it threads into the pump housing.  I was able to find a new adapter, and I have a tool to get the old one out.  But before I replace it I have a couple of questions...1) do I need to completely drain the hot tub in order to change out this adapter? 2) when I thread the new one back in, do I need to use teflon tape or any kind of sealant?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi - leaking adapter
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi - leaking adapter
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:22:44 pm »
  If it's leaking I am amazed there is still water in the spa to begin with?   That being said you can do it if your fast enough and don't mind water shooting out at you.    The other suggestion would be drain the spa and replace the fittings on both pumps not just the one.  And you might as well change the one that's on the heater as well.   And I am assuming you got the stainless fitting not another plastic one?    And yes one or two wraps with Teflon tape is recommended.  ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 06:24:19 pm »
I put Teflon tape on and use a sealer lubricant like Majilube. Any silicon based sealer/lubricant. There are ways to do it without draining but you have to get creating on blocking water with plugs and/or caps someplace. But you still loose some. I'd drain unless you size it up and get what you need to block water at other connections.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »
Those pieces always break off. Glad sundance and jacuzzi smartened up and started using the metal ones.

Cooperdog

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:06:22 am »
As an update, I got some stainless steel adapters instead of plastic, wrapped it with some Teflon tape, and put it back together.  It's been 48 hours and no leaking...knock on wood.   Thanks for the ideas  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:06:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42