What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Making Decision / Opinions  (Read 3712 times)

dlaforce

Help Making Decision / Opinions
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:24:41 pm »
I live between Chicago and Milwaukee and am looking for a hot tub for hydrotherapy reasons.  I have 3 boys so have focused on a 6 person plus spa.  I have narrowed it down to the following options and rough pricing.  Looking for any opinions on the below spas:

Caldera (signature series) Salina - $7,800

Marquis (vector-21 series) V94 - $7,800

Lazboy (signature series) Renew - $9,000

It seems like the Marquis warranty for the shell is a lot less in years than the others but not sure how often the shell is an issue.

Thank you in advance for any help. 

Hot Tub Forum

Help Making Decision / Opinions
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:24:41 pm »

castletonia

Re: Help Making Decision / Opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:23:38 pm »
The Caldera and Marquis are quality spas.  I personally don’t consider Lazyboy to be a comparable brand.  Those are good prices on both the Salina and V94.  I would be curious if the V94 has any upgrades (full foam, ozone, inline sanitation or starlight lighting).  Don’t worry about the Marquis shell warranty.  There is no issue there and you are correct the shell is not normally a failure point.  I will point out that if considering warranty, Caldera is 5 years vs Marquis 3 years on parts.

I currently sell Caldera and used to sell Marquis and have sat in both.  They are both quality.  Decide based on which dealer you are more comfortable with and which hot tub fits you better. 

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »
I agree with castletonia.  Lazy boy is not in the same league as marquis from a quality standpoint and it's more expensive.  Also agree that shell shouldn't be a concern, assuming you are looking at a reputable, high-end brand, of which Marquis is.  Shells rarely fail unless the spa is on an insufficient foundation or it's a cheap hot tub.

dlaforce

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:46:54 pm »
Thank you for your comments.  Assuming Lazboy is out, any thoughts on the Caldera Salina vs the Marquis Vector.  I saw both today but was unable to wet test them.  The Marquis Vector is pretty sharp and the 94 is large enough I might be swayed on getting a lounger (wasn't before due to 3 kids).  The salesman really pushed the direct jets on the Marquis Vector saying they were better for hydrotherapy than the Caldera Salina.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 03:30:12 am »
Very low price on the V94, they sell for $10,000+ most places throughout the country.

Nothing to be worried about on the Marquis shell. There are 2 layers of hand-rolled fiberglass behind the acrylic that give it a lot of structural suppprt.  Haven’t seen a shell issue in years and years and I’m around them every day.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 12:05:43 pm »
I sell both Caldera and Marquis. Prices on both models you are looking at are extremely low. I’m closer to 10k on each of those tubs. I think they are both good tubs. The Vector you can isolate power to individual seats so when you do that it will be more powerful in certain seats. If you run all jets at once I would say the Caldera is a bit stronger. Like everybody else said I wouldn’t worry about warranty being shorter on Vector Tub. Both good tubs. Both priced way too low. I like the multiple level seating in the Vector and I like how big the interior of the Caldera feels. Certain n options are standard on Caldera that are options on Marquis. What options did the Marquis have in the price?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:14:29 am »
I sell both Caldera and Marquis. Prices on both models you are looking at are extremely low. I’m closer to 10k on each of those tubs. I think they are both good tubs. The Vector you can isolate power to individual seats so when you do that it will be more powerful in certain seats. If you run all jets at once I would say the Caldera is a bit stronger. Like everybody else said I wouldn’t worry about warranty being shorter on Vector Tub. Both good tubs. Both priced way too low. I like the multiple level seating in the Vector and I like how big the interior of the Caldera feels. Certain n options are standard on Caldera that are options on Marquis. What options did the Marquis have in the price?

Good balanced, unbiased feedback HTGuy.

The OP would be wise to wet test both on same day or at least same weekend because chances are one will feel a bit better in some manner making the decision much easier.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dlaforce

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 05:27:29 pm »
Hottubguy - Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I did wet test both and have to tell you it's still a struggle.  Definitely going to need some therapy after this.  The Marquis Vector 94 seems to hold more water, which I would have thought would be the indicator around interior size, but it seems the Caldera Makena feels bigger (changed my mind and wanted a lounger).  To answer your question, the Marquis price does include the ozioator and the piece that gradually disperses the chemicals.

I feel like I'm more of a guy that either has the jets on or off.  That plus the warranty is 2 years longer on the Caldera makes me lean towards that.  But I do have to say I liked the lounger on the Marquis better - more of an adirondack chair feel versus being horizontal.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 10:54:58 pm »
Hottubguy - Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I did wet test both and have to tell you it's still a struggle.  Definitely going to need some therapy after this.  The Marquis Vector 94 seems to hold more water, which I would have thought would be the indicator around interior size, but it seems the Caldera Makena feels bigger (changed my mind and wanted a lounger).  To answer your question, the Marquis price does include the ozioator and the piece that gradually disperses the chemicals.

I feel like I'm more of a guy that either has the jets on or off.  That plus the warranty is 2 years longer on the Caldera makes me lean towards that.  But I do have to say I liked the lounger on the Marquis better - more of an adirondack chair feel versus being horizontal.

Sounds like you can’t go wrong. Pick the dealer you are more comfortable with. I just looked it up and I don’t really understand how the Vector holds more water. To me as well the Caldera seems roomier on the inside. Both great tubs!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 10:54:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42