What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: canadian spa company - Any good?  (Read 37228 times)

d00nut

Re: canadian spa company - Any good?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:31 pm »
I thought the show was the best I've seen in years... there was actually people there!
Those hard top covers from strong aren't cheap to make... a lot of money for a mid-level spa imo...

I had a dealer friend bring in the sister line to signature (Life's Great) a little over a year ago for price point alone... every single one came back to bite them in the butt.  I know I will lose some sales because people are drawn to those price points, but it isn't worth my reputation.  The X series from Bullfrog is a home run in my opinion.  Isn't as low cost as I would like, but the value is there.  The ATV from Marquis was cool, but I am waiting to see what Endless is up to :)  When will BF come with a Swim Spa?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:31 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »
Attendance was definitely up. Life's great lol. I couldn't do that to my service department. I heard premium leisure is now making his tubs. Have you ever gone to the Atlantic city show?  By far the best show around

Canspa

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:11 am »
Hi all

thought I would weigh in to this conversation about Canadian Spa Company as I have been with the company since it started. We use the same materials as all the high end spa manufacturer such as Lucite Acrylic, Balboa equipment, waterway pumps/ Balboa pumps (16.4 amp, 5 HP) as standard on all our spas except our plug and play models.

Our insulation starts with our 5 x 3 inch tapered cover, foil backed insulation around skirt and bottom of the spa. All our plumbing is glued and clamped, all of our jets are stainless steel and adjustable.

Our spa range comes complete with all options to make it easier for our customers, Led lights, MP3 sound system with 2 pop up speakers, aroma therapy, suction breaks and waterfalls and step.

As for after-care service we would rather let other people say how we rate, our best selling spa is the Toronto model sold by Home depot. check the reviews.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Canadian-Spa-Company-Toronto-5-6-Person-44-Jet-Spa-with-LED-Lighting-and-Pop-Up-Speakers-CSCHTTOR/205487651?keyword=toronto+spa

This spa by the way is also our best seller Globally in the UK (Costco), Germany( Hornbach), and France (Leroy Merlin). 

We manufacture a foam walled soft tub called swift current which is one of our best sellers, but this is not at the expense of acrylic line like some have suggested.

We price our spas as curbside but have an option in most circumstances to provide a backyard deliver at a small extra cost determined by a local spa professional on a case by case quote, usually under $500.00

So compare our products, our backup service and reputation and decide for yourself if we offer value

Troy Labelle
Founder
Canadian Spa Company

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »
Spa pros here and savvy spa owners/shoppers know that good and bad spas are not defined by specs and statements that it uses Lucite acrylic... has good reviews on a website... has certain bells/whistles... is well insulated because after all, it uses insulation...

Spas get a reputation as good or bad or somewhere in between based on results in the Field and unless we hear spa pros and/or owners of this brand chime in about their direct experience those are just a bunch of words coming from a keyboard.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:18:04 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 02:19:15 pm »
I thought the show was the best I've seen in years... there was actually people there!
Those hard top covers from strong aren't cheap to make... a lot of money for a mid-level spa imo...

I had a dealer friend bring in the sister line to signature (Life's Great) a little over a year ago for price point alone... every single one came back to bite them in the butt.  I know I will lose some sales because people are drawn to those price points, but it isn't worth my reputation.  The X series from Bullfrog is a home run in my opinion.  Isn't as low cost as I would like, but the value is there.  The ATV from Marquis was cool, but I am waiting to see what Endless is up to :)  When will BF come with a Swim Spa?

X-Series is a home run, we were one of the "test markets" for them so I've actually been selling them for almost 6 months now, great spas for the money...we now have a "good, better, best" in every shell mold, they are positioning themselves perfectly within the market imo

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 09:08:31 pm »
X-Series is a home run, we were one of the "test markets" for them so I've actually been selling them for almost 6 months now, great spas for the money...we now have a "good, better, best" in every shell mold, they are positioning themselves perfectly within the market imo

Do they fall in your good, better or best category?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 11:08:27 am »

Do they fall in your good, better or best category?

we sell only the best Tman, the "good" is their just in case

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 10:51:44 pm »
You do not address where they are made.  If Canadian Spas are made in China wouldn't that be a bit deceptive?
Hi all

thought I would weigh in to this conversation about Canadian Spa Company as I have been with the company since it started. We use the same materials as all the high end spa manufacturer such as Lucite Acrylic, Balboa equipment, waterway pumps/ Balboa pumps (16.4 amp, 5 HP) as standard on all our spas except our plug and play models.

Our insulation starts with our 5 x 3 inch tapered cover, foil backed insulation around skirt and bottom of the spa. All our plumbing is glued and clamped, all of our jets are stainless steel and adjustable.

Our spa range comes complete with all options to make it easier for our customers, Led lights, MP3 sound system with 2 pop up speakers, aroma therapy, suction breaks and waterfalls and step.

As for after-care service we would rather let other people say how we rate, our best selling spa is the Toronto model sold by Home depot. check the reviews.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Canadian-Spa-Company-Toronto-5-6-Person-44-Jet-Spa-with-LED-Lighting-and-Pop-Up-Speakers-CSCHTTOR/205487651?keyword=toronto+spa

This spa by the way is also our best seller Globally in the UK (Costco), Germany( Hornbach), and France (Leroy Merlin). 

We manufacture a foam walled soft tub called swift current which is one of our best sellers, but this is not at the expense of acrylic line like some have suggested.

We price our spas as curbside but have an option in most circumstances to provide a backyard deliver at a small extra cost determined by a local spa professional on a case by case quote, usually under $500.00

So compare our products, our backup service and reputation and decide for yourself if we offer value

Troy Labelle
Founder
Canadian Spa Company
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

amy2421

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 10:07:52 am »

I find it funny that the very first review on the link is from a guy whose pump quit on Day One.  ;D LOL!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 01:49:53 pm »

I find it funny that the very first review on the link is from a guy whose pump quit on Day One.  ;D LOL!

Actually, that review is one that every manufacturer would want and cherish. Sh*t happens in life, and that show exemplary service by the  company.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Quickbeam

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 02:15:55 pm »

Actually, that review is one that every manufacturer would want and cherish. Sh*t happens in life, and that show exemplary service by the  company.

Maybe Arctic Spas should take note!

amy2421

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:51 pm »

If someone reads far enough in, then yes, but for the casual shopper in a hurry who will only read the first paragraph... the first thing you read is "pump failed on first use".

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »
And if that's as far as the "casual shopper" reads, they're not very smart and probably should never buy anything that exists.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Richg1972

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 06:16:11 pm »
I have a swift currant 2 from the Canadian spa co, heater packed up just after 6 months, had hassle trying to send it back via a courier. They fixed the heater and sent it back, all good, happy with the service so far. Just after a year the filter starts leaking, I email again and show pictures of the filter etc where it is leaking, £60 for me to send it back just for them to look at it and then they will give me a price to fix it, or I can spend £600 on a updated version. For god sake.
I told them not to bother I’ll fix it myself how much is the part, oh we don’t sell parts to the public, try eBay came the reply on the email.

How is this company still trading with shocking customer service like this.

Ghvf

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 08:45:37 pm »
Inflatable hot tubs at a premiim $$$. Skip it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 08:45:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42