What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: canadian spa company - Any good?  (Read 37202 times)

sergey

canadian spa company - Any good?
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »
Hello All
Looks like walmart , costco, lowes and homedepot sell canadianspacompany hot tub ...
canadianspacompany.com
The price is very good - I am looking into "Toronto" model.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about their products ? Could you share ?
Thanks !

Hot Tub Forum

canadian spa company - Any good?
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: canadian spa company - Any good?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:24:21 pm »
Generally there's a reason a companies price "looks so good".
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gibson00

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:59:54 am »
I too looked at them for a while.  Pricing was -really- attractive.  Even if you factor in potential extra repairs, it is still really attractive.
In the end, we went with a name brand spa (Arctic) for twice the price....

My reasoning was:
If you order a Canadian Spa from Walmart, Home Depot, etc., it will likely be delivered to the end of your driveway.  Then you are responsible for hiring someone to get it in place, hook the electrical up to it, and then hope it actually works.  If there is an issue, your on the phone to their support, wait for replacement parts if needed, etc.
If you buy a name brand spa from a local dealer, they deliver and set it up, get it running, address any issues right away.
If you ever have a problem, just call your local dealer.....no hunting the classifieds/yellow pages for a spa repair guy...

Also, my local Kent store carries Canadian Spa, and they happened to have one on display, I believe it was one step -above- the Toronto.  Arctic happened to have a tent display setup that day in the parking lot a couple hundred meters away.  So I got to look at both spas.  The quality difference seemed very big.  The Canadian Spa materials felt like cheap plastic compared to the Arctic.

I've only had my Arctic for a few days, so its obviously too early for me to comment on the longevity/reliability of it, but the quality/feel difference is very obvious to me.

My .02

sergey

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:56:11 am »
Thanks a lot :) It helps ..
Very hard to decide .... I am not picky and my budget is 6000 CAD Max.
I can get display model (beachcomber) for this price - small and basic.
or ... Canadian Spa - bigger and with ozonator and a few features (I do not really care about)
I think that most of spas has same components - so repair will be same more or less.
I can move and install myself - not easy but possible. But yes - it might not work right from the box :) So support on a phone is very possible and waiting for parts ... but as soon as it works and local spa repair se4tice should be able to help - Am I wrong here ?
Have not seen it in person yet :) It is not that easy -But for sure will. Do non need a cat in a bag ...
Thank again for 0.2c :)

sergey

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »
Have a look at http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php?topic=19153.0
Looks like it does not really matter if it is brand or not ... still can be a big problem of service !!!
Even having a warranty does not help sometimes.

Waterlogger

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »
From what I've seen of them, I would not buy one. Go with the floor model beach comber.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 07:16:03 pm »
Everybody's expectations are different. A more handy person may get the same value from a less expensive value brand  with sooner replacements (new tubs ;D) garnering you the same longevity? Will the soaking be the same? No, but it may meet your expectation.

You have to put your eyes/hands/butt on all the brands your considering to make an educated purchase decision. And it may be either way or something in between. Get out there, get wet!
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 08:54:03 am »
I am told "Canadian Spa Company" is Chinese.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 10:34:33 am »
I just saw them at the pool and spa show.  I would put their quality on par with the crap that comes out of that Tennessee plant.  (signature spas, life great, all the crap sold at rec direct.) 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 01:14:18 pm »
I just saw them at the pool and spa show.  I would put their quality on par with the crap that comes out of that Tennessee plant.  (signature spas, life great, all the crap sold at rec direct.)

I believe I saw them as well...small booth that also had a blow up spa and a soft sided spa they were selling? If so there are MUCH better acrylic options for not a ton more money...d00nut did you see the strong spas booth? notice how much they were trying to sell that crap for? (the acrylic stuff) wow I couldn't believe it

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 02:30:39 pm »

I believe I saw them as well...small booth that also had a blow up spa and a soft sided spa they were selling? If so there are MUCH better acrylic options for not a ton more money

Now I'm really confused. You're say that because they may also sell blow up and soft sided spas, there's better acrylic options? If they stopped selling the soft sided, would that make their acrylic slightly better? But not as good as if they also stopped selling blow up spas?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

Speaking of signature did you have a chance to talk to them at the show?  The girl in the booth was clueless and was making stuff up about there tubs. I didn't even see Canadian spa company there. They must've had a smaller booth

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »

Speaking of signature did you have a chance to talk to them at the show?  The girl in the booth was clueless and was making stuff up about there tubs. I didn't even see Canadian spa company there. They must've had a smaller booth

that would be Natalie from Signature lol, funny thing is I ran into 3 different companies with Reps on hand that didn't know their own product...blew my mind...one lady was trying to sell us on one particular model and after 10 minutes another rep chimed in that she was giving cost/specs on the completely wrong model.  with the money invested in these booths you would think they would have people with half a brain to promote themselves

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 04:58:23 pm »

I believe I saw them as well...small booth that also had a blow up spa and a soft sided spa they were selling? If so there are MUCH better acrylic options for not a ton more money

Now I'm really confused. You're say that because they may also sell blow up and soft sided spas, there's better acrylic options? If they stopped selling the soft sided, would that make their acrylic slightly better? But not as good as if they also stopped selling blow up spas?

I just meant in reference to their booth, they had 1 blow up, 1 soft sided, and 1 acrylic spa on hand...the acrylic as stated was your run of the mill component spa with little to no insulation/undersized filter/basic rising dragon jets (2-3 varieties at most) and a cheap control pack, and at the prices they were offering there is much better options on the market (Bullfrog X series, Jacuzzi 200 series, Hot Spot from Hot Spring, Marquis E-series) etc.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »

that would be Natalie from Signature lol, funny thing is I ran into 3 different companies with Reps on hand that didn't know their own product...blew my mind...one lady was trying to sell us on one particular model and after 10 minutes another rep chimed in that she was giving cost/specs on the completely wrong model.  with the money invested in these booths you would think they would have people with half a brain to promote themselves

Yeah that was her. The show in my mind wasn't too impressive. The 2 new things that stuck out to me were the new x series by bullfrog and the new 17 foot aquatic training vessel in the marquis booth. Both companies hit home runs in those designs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42