What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-365 Plumbing Pics?  (Read 10802 times)

av8r

Re: Jacuzzi J-365 Plumbing Pics?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »
Sounds like you'll be basking in 100 degree water very soon!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 08:09:08 pm »
Been there done that a bunch, good job renns. Couple contacts for parts and leads your in the business. That's how I got started. But being a plumber it seemed natural even though I wasn't plumbing for a few years (leadership).

Retired

renns

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »
Picked up a couple PVC tee's, and some 3/8" tubing, and replaced the last dripping bits.  It was a bit of an adventure with a full tub.  My son covered some open ends, I covered others while fitting the new parts.  Power off, of course.

Good news on the flow switch front.  I looked up the part number, and found the manufacturer's site.  The switch has a little finger that sticks up into the flow path, and moving fluid drags it over, causing it to actuate.  The switch in my tub was mounted with the finger 90 degrees off the flow path.  The little finger was quivering away in the moving fluid, but didn't move over to the actuated position.  I rotated the switch body, to orient the finger properly, pulled the jumper out of the circuit, and the tub powered up and worked just fine.  No more FLO error.

There's more issues to address - a couple jets need replacing, and the built-in stereo powers up but there's no audio.  Those issues can wait.  Need to finish a glass of wine, and eat some left-over candy - only a half-dozen kids this year.  Usually we get 20-30.

Tman - The local pool and spa people were just great.  They had lots of stock of parts, and were very encouraging, and free with advice.  I'm sure they're looking forward to another customer for chemicals and supplies, and I'm quite happy to oblige.  I'm no plumber, but have tackled a wide variety of home and auto repairs over the years, so the actual work wasn't bad.  It just took time to familiarize myself with the equipment, as well as deal with the thick layer of foam hiding everything.

av8r - up from low 50's to 80 now.  We'll bring a water sample in tomorrow or Monday and figure out what we can use from our big pile of spare chemicals that came with the tub.

av8r

av8r

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 10:20:55 pm »
Excellent!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 09:48:22 am »
Great job on the repair!

I procrastinated on my leak and I think it led to my pump 1  making noise. I had repaired that pump, replacing a leaking seal, last year and I want to kick myself for letting that leak go especially now that I saw how easy a fix it was!

Jets should be easy, I have a few myself that need replacement and they are Waterway so in the Spring I will replace along with that pump repair.

Hopefully the no audio for you will be an easy fix. Enjoy the tub!!

renns

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 12:49:59 pm »
We have it up to full operating temperature now.  I put in the recommended shock dosage, plus the 150ml of 'Stain and Scale' that was recommended I stick in when first filling.  The local shops are closed today, so no luck on water testing.  Is there any harm in hopping in and enjoying the fruits of our labours for a few minutes tonight?

av8r

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »
We have it up to full operating temperature now.  I put in the recommended shock dosage, plus the 150ml of 'Stain and Scale' that was recommended I stick in when first filling.  The local shops are closed today, so no luck on water testing.  Is there any harm in hopping in and enjoying the fruits of our labours for a few minutes tonight?

I did when mine came up to temp the first night.  40 minutes soaking.  I'm still alive.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42