What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best way to use Ahh-Some?  (Read 8093 times)

amy2421

Best way to use Ahh-Some?
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »
I keep reading about Ahh-Some on here and the dealer where we bought our tub carries it, so I plan to buy one to use it before our first water change. I understand that it is a gel, so what is the best way to get it into the water/jets of the tub? (Everything else we use is a powder/granule or a liquid.)

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Best way to use Ahh-Some?
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »

skizit

Re: Best way to use Ahh-Some?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 02:58:32 pm »
I just scooped out about a tablespoon and dropped it in with the tub at 102F and all the jets open and the pumps on high. It dissolved very quickly. After draining, about 10gals were still in the tub at  the base and in the seating areas. I used a wet/dry shop vac to get out all of the remaining water after rinsing and before refilling.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:02:07 pm by skizit »

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »
I agree with skizit. The only thing I'd add is that after I drain the tub I usually clean the insides with a mixture of vinegar and water. 

skizit

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 05:03:43 pm »
I forgot to mention this step. Jerry from Unique Solutions (Ahh-Some) suggested mixing up  about 1/2 tsp of Ahh-Some in a Qt spray bottle with warm water. I used this to spray and the rinse and wipe down after draining. We're very pleased how well it worked.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 05:54:29 pm »
If you are concerned about it not dissolving 100% then put it in a bucket with warm/hotish water, mix it and pour it into the tub. That's how they recommend using their filter cleaner.

I also used a magic eraser for clean up; I dipped it into the tub with the ahh-some in it.

jons

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 06:08:22 pm »
I think I got better results when I dissolved the Ahh-Some in hot water before dumping it in the tub.  The first time I used it I didn't dissolve first and it didn't completely dissolve in my tub.  I had the jets on high and my water temp was at 100 degrees, maybe that wasn't hot enough?

The product works good.  I also used vinegar/water solution to wipe down the inside of the tub after draining.       

someguy

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:15:46 am »
Thank you for all the positive comments regarding our Ahhsome product.  Ideally, you add the Ahhsome to warm or hot water.  This will dissolve the gel quickly, especially when the jets are on.  Many people do as the previous writer recommended, mix the gel in a pail with warm water and pour it into the tub.  The product works effectively in any water temperature, but dissolves slower in cool or cold water.  Ahh-Some is a concentrated cleaner.  Do NOT add more than what the directions say.  After the 20-30 minute run time with jets on, drain, rinse and wipe down the shell.  The gunk purged will be very sticky and adhere tenaciously to the shell if Not rinsed right away.
Rinse filter(s) clean and reinstall into the filter cavity. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:13:16 am by Ahhsomeguy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:15:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42