What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog......A8DSS....$9644. Good price?  (Read 5583 times)

sue_in_texas

Bullfrog......A8DSS....$9644. Good price?
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:19:17 pm »
includes delivery, setup, cover and lift.  I didn't want the steps: I didn't like them and will get my own.  Good price?  No tax; have doctors prescription.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog......A8DSS....$9644. Good price?
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:19:17 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog......A8DSS....$9644. Good price?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:20:40 pm »
 Excellent price!

Sam

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
Yeah, that is a damn good price.  I can't figure out how you people are getting such great deals.

sue_in_texas

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »
Yay!  Thank you for the feedback. I studied this site pretty hard before making a decision; thank you for all the contributions that made this less confusing.  It's a floor model......I negotiated pretty hard......  and still put it on a credit card for points, which I will transfer to a zero interest  for 24 mos card.....should pay for the steps.....

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 04:03:54 pm »
Yeah, that is a damn good price.  I can't figure out how you people are getting such great deals.

I can't figure how companies don't go out of business with some of the prices I see on here

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:27:28 pm »

I can't figure how companies don't go out of business with some of the prices I see on here

its all smoke and mirrors my friend, notice how prices go down as the years go by? lol its not realistic at all..just go through old posts...Hot Spring Grandee's for $11,500 3 years ago and 3 years later someone is buying one for $10,000??? c'mon you can't make this stuff up

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »

I don't see how this is raising such attention. Maybe there wasn't much profit on this one but go out of business selling a spa for $9.6k? If he were to sell all day at that price for non-floor models then that would be one thing but this was a floor model and maybe the dealer just wanted to move it and was willing to just cover his costs and make small profit to clear the space.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »
It's not so much this one in particular spatech. It's a lot of the prices I see in this board. I can see blowing out wet models at the end of the year. But I read people ordering tubs on here for just above cost. I sometimes wonder if some of the posters aren't fudging the numbers a little to show that they got the deal of the century.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »
It's not so much this one in particular spatech. It's a lot of the prices I see in this board. I can see blowing out wet models at the end of the year. But I read people ordering tubs on here for just above cost. I sometimes wonder if some of the posters aren't fudging the numbers a little to show that they got the deal of the century.

This

av8r

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 07:25:31 pm »
Yay!  Thank you for the feedback. I studied this site pretty hard before making a decision; thank you for all the contributions that made this less confusing.  It's a floor model......I negotiated pretty hard......  and still put it on a credit card for points, which I will transfer to a zero interest  for 24 mos card.....should pay for the steps.....

I'm very surprised any dealer would allow you use a card (unless you did a cash advance) especially if you truly got the price you mentioned.  That just doesn't make sense.

Maybe this was a damaged floor unit or a return or??

Does having a prescription somehow affect what you pay?  Is part of the cost subsidized by government or by insurance?

This doesn't really make sense.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »

I'm very surprised any dealer would allow you use a card (unless you did a cash advance) especially if you truly got the price you mentioned.  That just doesn't make sense.

Does having a prescription somehow affect what you pay?  Is part of the cost subsidized by government or by insurance?

Some states allow a prescription from doctor to make it exempt from sales tax. Shouldn't matter to the dealer on the price

sue_in_texas

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

The prescription (for back pain) makes the purchase tax exempt.  I can't explain why I was able to use my card other than I was clear that I was making a buying decision that day and it was between his tub and one at a different dealer (Marquis) at roughly the same price that was accepting a credit card.  Though the tubs were not  apple to apples, I was prepared and happy to go with either tub; they both had different merits.  My gu as is that both dealers wanted to move out old floor stock before the holiday season and end of year. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42