What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rust-colored water in drained hot tub  (Read 1833 times)

paulitzlee

Rust-colored water in drained hot tub
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:22:24 pm »
I drained my tub the last weekend in September.  I use it in the summer only.

I expect there will always be a little water in the bottom, from rain leakage, condensation, etc...

When I checked the tub this weekend, the water was rust-colored.  I though it strange for water not from the city water supply to be so brown.

My cover MAY be the culprit.  I noticed one of the weep holes has a black plastic washer which came out and was lying in the tub.  I also noticed the stitching came undone on the cover. 

Is it possible for the cover to get dirty inside after a few years, and for the dirt, contaminants, etc... to leak into the hot tub if the weep hole loses its washer?  I think I saw some brown stains around the bottom of the weep hole, but it looks clean now.

I vacuumed the brown water out.  It appears to leave a stain in the tub. Hopefully, the stain won’t affect water quality when I fill the tub in the spring.

For photos, see

https://goo.gl/photos/Sof2pVbL8kE5zAWE7

Please advise.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: October 11, 2015, 11:22:24 pm »

av8r

Re: Rust-colored water in drained hot tub
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:17:54 am »
Rinse the bottom of the cover with fresh water and collect the water.  See what color it is.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Rust-colored water in drained hot tub
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:17:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42