What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Sovereign heater problem  (Read 2137 times)

rond6596

Hot Springs Sovereign heater problem
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »
Hello, I have a Hot Springs Sovereign 110v that is not heating. I first replaced the heater relay board about 2 years ago (original fried). Worked fine for about a year until the main board went out so I replaced it and thermosistors. I powered it up and everything worked except the jets were pulsing. Did some research and realized I thought I had the jumpers correct (which I didn't) and I had fried the new main board. So I got another new main board and installed it (correctly this time) and now the "htr on" light is not on and not heating. Could the the jumper mistake have fried the heater relay board also or is there another piece (like the control head) that need replacing? Thanks for any help?
Also...one more thing I just noticed, the heater relay board has a 12v jumper and the main board has a 18v jumper...could this have fried the heater relay board? Thanks again
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:09:05 pm by rond6596 »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Sovereign heater problem
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Hot Springs Sovereign heater problem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 03:20:26 pm »
It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull the heater board and check for "burn marks" on the backside, they have been a constant issue for years now

rond6596

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 03:30:37 pm »
I looked at it and don't see any. Thanks for the reply.

rond6596

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:39:22 pm »
Ok...got it solved...plugged in the high pressure jumper and it kicked on. This is solved, thanks for the reply!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:39:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42