What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog  (Read 5783 times)

Mbains

Bullfrog
« on: September 30, 2015, 11:18:12 pm »
I spoke to the dealer in town (he opened 6 months ago as a business to run when he retires) and he will let us wet test the Bullfrog spa on Saturday. I am very interested in the jet pack therapy for the neck. We had prices on Jacuzzi and Sundance Chelsee so now I wonder what is a fair price on a R 7 or a A6 we are going to test both.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog
« on: September 30, 2015, 11:18:12 pm »

Racenut

Re: Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:08:08 am »
I have an R7 on order... supposed to be here by the end of the week.  I bought it during the "Labor Day Sale" that it seems everyone was having.

R7, ozone, circ pump, cover, delivered and taxed - $8200. Will also get $500 rebate from Bullfrog, so final cost of $7700.  From what I've read here and other places, I got a decent deal.  Seems like anything under $9K is considered reasonable for the R7.

I didn't get a lifter or steps included.. I wasn't wild about the lifters they were using, so I ordered a Covermate III separately for $200. Steps I'll make myself as I have a vision of steps that wrap around into a bar.  Gotta put those old woodshop/cabinet maker skills back to work.

We also wanted neck jets as my wife and I both carry tension there.  I also have a crap shoulder due to a motorcycle accident.  I really thought the Neck Blaster was gonna be the ticket, but the neck jets are too weak in proportion to the back jets... hardly notice them.  But the Neck Masseuse...  Oh Baby!  We liked it so much we ordered two so we don't have to share it :D  I also got a Gyrosage and she liked the Rainshower.  I would have got the Ocilator if the jets were about 1 inch closer together... or if I was about 2 inches wider.

av8r

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 06:43:44 am »
I have an R7 on order... supposed to be here by the end of the week.  I bought it during the "Labor Day Sale" that it seems everyone was having.

R7, ozone, circ pump, cover, delivered and taxed - $8200. Will also get $500 rebate from Bullfrog, so final cost of $7700.  From what I've read here and other places, I got a decent deal.  Seems like anything under $9K is considered reasonable for the R7.

I didn't get a lifter or steps included.. I wasn't wild about the lifters they were using, so I ordered a Covermate III separately for $200. Steps I'll make myself as I have a vision of steps that wrap around into a bar.  Gotta put those old woodshop/cabinet maker skills back to work.

We also wanted neck jets as my wife and I both carry tension there.  I also have a crap shoulder due to a motorcycle accident.  I really thought the Neck Blaster was gonna be the ticket, but the neck jets are too weak in proportion to the back jets... hardly notice them.  But the Neck Masseuse...  Oh Baby!  We liked it so much we ordered two so we don't have to share it :D  I also got a Gyrosage and she liked the Rainshower.  I would have got the Ocilator if the jets were about 1 inch closer together... or if I was about 2 inches wider.

Congrats.  Did the dealer show you that the neck blaster and masseuse have 2 adjust valves on them?

Mbains

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:29:16 am »
Thank you Racenut. I appreciate the info very much

Racenut

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:03:38 pm »
Congrats.  Did the dealer show you that the neck blaster and masseuse have 2 adjust valves on them?

Yes, played with those... Neck Blaster, the top valve controls neck jets, bottom controls the whole pack... so when reducing the back jets, the neck jets also reduce power.  Even with neck jets wide open, the back jets were just too much.   I really wanted to like that one.  If they could make the valves control the back jets and the neck jets individually, then it would be a winner IMO.

The Neck Masseuse  has few neck jets, but they are strong.  Also has the gyro jets in the back, which I like.

av8r

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 12:22:59 pm »

Yes, played with those... Neck Blaster, the top valve controls neck jets, bottom controls the whole pack... so when reducing the back jets, the neck jets also reduce power.  Even with neck jets wide open, the back jets were just too much.   I really wanted to like that one.  If they could make the valves control the back jets and the neck jets individually, then it would be a winner IMO.

The Neck Masseuse  has few neck jets, but they are strong.  Also has the gyro jets in the back, which I like.

Good point.  They have one feed so they'd need to change where the valves are plumbed in.

We have the Neck Masseuse coming with our tub.  Really looking forward to it.  Should be here very soon.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »

does your dealer build pools or sell other items? I wouldn't expect pricing like this all over the country, if we were selling R7's for $7,700 w/ delivery and accessories included we would be out of business so either your dealer does INCREDIBLE volume or he makes money selling pools or something else allowing him to keep margins on spas very low

Sam

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 04:11:25 pm »

Fyi, you got a very good deal.  I imagine that most places would not sell it that cheap.

Racenut

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 05:10:58 pm »
does your dealer build pools or sell other items? I wouldn't expect pricing like this all over the country, if we were selling R7's for $7,700 w/ delivery and accessories included we would be out of business so either your dealer does INCREDIBLE volume or he makes money selling pools or something else allowing him to keep margins on spas very low

Yes, I think most of their business is commercial pool and spa maintenance and construction.  The spa "showroom" is small, 4 spas and two of those are smaller models.  They've been in business for over 20 years, and have sold Bullfrogs for at least a few years that I know of.  They don't carry any other brand of spa.  That said, I live on the California coast, I'm not used to getting anything cheaper than the rest of the country lol.  Guess I lucked out this time...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 05:10:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42