What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Jacuzzi  (Read 8045 times)

icenogle

Re: New Jacuzzi
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:07:14 pm »
Thanks Quickbeam! This morning I checked the remote and the temperature was up to 101 and holding. I've bumped it up to 102 and it came up pretty quickly. Everything seems to be operating perfectly! :)

We had a Jacuzzi technician here first thing this morning to change the factory default setting of 50 amp to the 60 amp setting so that it can run the heater and both pumps at the same time. (Everything is wired for 60 amps - you should see the size of the wire!! - and the breaker in the panel is 60 amps.) I have the instructions for how to do it, but there was some suggestion that you can void your warranty by going into those settings so I figured it was a free service call so why not?

Tonight will be our first dip... can't wait!

Thanks to this post I wondered if my tub setting were switched for 60 amps.  Turns out no.  So the heater would come on when one pump ran but not the second pump - no red light came on the control panel.  So I opened up box to view the circuit board and my JP1 5 and 6 have not been jumped.  I called my electricians to come fix this but they are not in a hurry since they have been paid.  Is there anything else to do besides jumping 5 and 6?  I'm sure they will get out here in the next day or two, just wondering.

Also, is it hurting anything have 60 amps without the jumper?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:07:14 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 09:53:05 pm »
 It's easy to do and there should be a jumper on the board not being used it will be vertical.  And no it doesn't hurt it, you do have a 60amp breaker?

icenogle

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »
upgrade 100 amp to 200 amp service.  The sub panel has a 60 amp breaker and I think it is #6 wires.  Also, I have notice that my clearray blue light stays on sometimes when one pump is running and sometimes when 2 pumps are running.  The book states it should only be on when the circulation pump is running and shuts off when the pumps are manually activated.  Also, whether the big pumps are going or they are off I push the clearray button the blue light goes out then comes right back on.  I have not stayed out there long enough to see if it turns off.

Yes, I think I have that jumper you mentioned.  I think it is attached to one prong and the other end is attached to nothing.  I'll look tomorrow.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42