What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alt thought: inflatable or cheap hot tub?  (Read 2733 times)

wt21

Alt thought: inflatable or cheap hot tub?
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:09 pm »
I'm wrestling with the hot tub decision. Mostly it comes down to use in our house. I am not 100% certain it will be used other than by me maybe 1X/week. If everyone else used it, I would invest in it.

Also, we have to build a pad in our sloped yard, which is coming out to $2-3K

We have some pretty limited flat spaces, so my thought is -- should I buy a super-cheap 110v hot tub, and see if people love it, and pine for something bigger. I see some "kiddie" (inflatable) hot tubs. Also, my dealer has a line called FreeFlow, though I haven't asked them about pricing yet. In short, I'm thinking a smaller, cheap spa that I set on the ground, avoid the pad build out and test the waters (pun intended) in terms of use.

Sound reasonable? Anyone have any suggestions? I am not interested in a user portable spa, as I have no time to move or clean it. Thinking an inflatable from Amazon, or maybe a super cheap 110v one from a local dealer. Idea would be a 1 year test, and either get rid of it, or move up to a real one next year.

Hot Tub Forum

Alt thought: inflatable or cheap hot tub?
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:09 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Alt thought: inflatable or cheap hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »
Even in a year a 2000 dollar tub will be worth no more than 1000 maybe less. But if your willing to invest a grand to "test" the waters? But it won't really be fair to say because you didn't like the inflatable/super cheap tub, you wouldn't like a better, more expensive hydrotherapy tub?
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:14:28 am »
I sell FreeFlow.  They are awesome starter tubs, but I will tell you a good number of people get them and then "wish" they could trade in to get something that they wanted originally.  We have a no-depreciation guarantee for a period of time if they trade in for something with a little more umph, but not sure if your dealer does the same.  If you sell it on your own, I agree with Tman.  It's like a car.  They just do not hold up in the resale value area.

I would skip on the inflatable... especially as we head into the winter months.  Worst $500 you'll ever spend IMO.  I'm not sure if I am talking about the tub or your soon to be electric bill.

Tdevito

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:41:32 am »
I'm a hot tub newbie and I'm using it at least 2 x a day so don't underestimate your usage get something now that will last you a long time you won't regret it

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:50:22 am »
I'm a hot tub newbie and I'm using it at least 2 x a day so don't underestimate your usage get something now that will last you a long time you won't regret it

And statistically, in a year that'll drop to 2 x a month
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wt21

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:00:30 pm »
I have xbox, wii and tons of other stuff all around the house that the family 'had to have' that gets no use now. Difference is those were a fe hundred, and not upwards to $10k

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:00:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42