What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog technology  (Read 29045 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Bullfrog technology
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »
I'd rather move my butt to a different seat rather than have to move a jet pac. But that's just me. Seems wet testing is even more important. Like we always say.

and you can certainly still do that in a Bullfrog, its just nice to be able to move your favorite jets to seats of varying heights to accommodate a spouse or family member that may be 5" taller or 5" shorter and also just to have jets "hit" your back/shoulders/neck at different points due to the difference in height(s) among the seats.  Just because they have 16 different Paks doesn't mean they are forcing you to move anything around, heck you could keep the same JetPaks in the same seats for 10 years if you'd like, its merely about having options that no other spa company can offer.  And yes regardless of all that I will always still recommend a wet test to make sure any spa you are looking at purchasing fits your needs perfectly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »

Racenut

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:43 pm »
Guess what Tman... You don't have to move a jetpack, you can still just move your butt to a different seat.  You can enjoy it just like any other tub where you don't have the option.

I will say that several other brand/models we looked at were quickly eliminated from consideration simply because the "good seats" were not where I wanted them.  My tub sits in a corner and I don't care how awesome the massage is, I don't want to be facing the corner. Likewise the seats that allow me to relax and look out over my backyard gardens should have jets I like, as that's where I want to sit. Bullfrog lets me set it up how I want it.  If this came with some obvious sacrifice I could see your point, but so far, I haven't found a downside to the modular design.  You don't like it, I see that, I just haven't read a good reason why.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 06:42:32 am »
I'd rather move my butt to a different seat rather than have to move a jet pac. But that's just me. Seems wet testing is even more important. Like we always say.

and you can certainly still do that in a Bullfrog, its just nice to be able to move your favorite jets to seats of varying heights to accommodate a spouse or family member that may be 5" taller or 5" shorter and also just to have jets "hit" your back/shoulders/neck at different points due to the difference in height(s) among the seats.  Just because they have 16 different Paks doesn't mean they are forcing you to move anything around, heck you could keep the same JetPaks in the same seats for 10 years if you'd like, its merely about having options that no other spa company can offer.  And yes regardless of all that I will always still recommend a wet test to make sure any spa you are looking at purchasing fits your needs perfectly.

But all tubs have different height seats so the jets hit you in different spots.
Retired

Racenut

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 11:55:38 am »
But all tubs have different height seats so the jets hit you in different spots.

Are you really this obtuse or are you just screwing with us?

OK, let's pick the Hot Spring Moto Massage... since people tend to rave about it.  What do you do when the moto massage is in the deep seat and you're 5' tall?  Or they put it in the shallow seat and you're 6'5"?  Or the lounge, but you float out of it?  But you really want a moto massage?

It's all about having options!  Bullfrogs are the perfect tub for people who don't deal well with commitment  ;D

av8r

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 12:48:29 pm »
It's all about having options!  Bullfrogs are the perfect tub for people who don't deal well with commitment  ;D
or those who recognize innovation and flexibility in a product they're likely to have around for 10 years. 

Racenut

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 12:57:56 pm »
Yeah, that too ;)

dporter22

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 12:27:55 am »
Yes MarKee, as a matter of fact getting maximum power at every seat actually is a good argument because it's true.  It doesn't "appear" that you are getting maximum power, you are getting it.  And the jet packs do not restrict the flow as you incorrectly stated. 

As I explained, every seat in a BF has maximum flow (or you can adjust each seat as you like individually).  You don't have to mess with diverter valves which sacrifice power at some seats just to get full power at only one seat, which you seem to think is an advantage.  What about the people sitting in those other seats who also want full power?  Too bad for them if they're not in a BF.

That's the beauty of the BF design, every seat can choose exactly the amount of power they want from full to nothing without forcing other seats to have or less.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 10:41:33 am »
Yes MarKee, as a matter of fact getting maximum power at every seat actually is a good argument because it's true.  It doesn't "appear" that you are getting maximum power, you are getting it.  And the jet packs do not restrict the flow as you incorrectly stated. 

As I explained, every seat in a BF has maximum flow (or you can adjust each seat as you like individually).  You don't have to mess with diverter valves which sacrifice power at some seats just to get full power at only one seat, which you seem to think is an advantage.  What about the people sitting in those other seats who also want full power?  Too bad for them if they're not in a BF.

That's the beauty of the BF design, every seat can choose exactly the amount of power they want from full to nothing without forcing other seats to have or less.

So if you turn all but one seat off the flow stays the same in that seat?  That's impossible.  Bullfrog's have divereters like most other spas they are just in a different spot

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 11:23:16 am »

So if you turn all but one seat off the flow stays the same in that seat?  That's impossible.  Bullfrog's have divereters like most other spas they are just in a different spot

fortunately there isn't 10 of them like some spas and the fail rate is 1000% less than a tradtitional "topside" diverters

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 11:26:29 am »
I see jet pacs as a gimmick to sell tubs. No one ever buys extra. After a little while they never change them around. Seems to me if your buying a BF you had better wet test because what if it feels lousy, all the jet pacs, no matter where you put them. Or maybe buy all of them. Or just buy what the dealer steers you to. To me it's not technology, it's a gimmick to help sell a tub that's nothing more than, well OK? The pacs and the way they are mounted look clunky to me. There's more surface to clean when you clean your tub. And I cleaned mine a lot.

There's a whole lot of better tubs out there in my opinion. And whoever said 10 years, it better be longer than that. Great tubs last 20 or more.

And I don't care for the HS moto massage either. After 20+ years of ownership of different brands I like a certain feel and neither BF or HS give it to me. I would hope everyone finds there "feel" and are not steered to a brand because of some gimmick.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 11:33:48 am »

fortunately there isn't 10 of them like some spas and the fail rate is 1000% less than a tradtitional "topside" diverters

Correct but if it fails don't you have to replace the entire jetpak?  I don't believe there is a way to fix them

dporter22

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 12:19:30 pm »

I didn't discuss turning off all the seats except one; that's an irrelevant point since the whole purpose of a spa is to have all the seats on so people can enjoy them.  Of course the flow to one seat would increase if you turned everything else off, but why does that matter?  My point was that everyone can enjoy full power at their seat, or less if they want, without sacrificing power at another seat, which no other spa can do they way BF does because they all force you to divert flow from one seat in order to get max flow at another.

I'm not saying that other spas don't have sufficient power, or aren't quality spas, or don't have nice features, or that BF is the only way to go.  I'm simply explaining that a nice feature of a BF is that the design allows for individually adjustable power at each seat and that you don't lose a significant amount of power at one seat to get more power at another.

I tested several other brands and every time they would say, "Ok, sit in this seat and I'll adjust the diverter so you can get full power".  Then I would say, "Great, now keep me at full power and let my wife feel full power at her seat too".  And all the salesman would start making excuses about why they couldn't do that, or I would never really want full power at more than one seat, or just fiddle around with all these diverter settings to get some sort of balance of medium power, etc.

If that works for someone, great.  For me the BF system made much more sense.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 12:37:46 pm »
I see jet pacs as a gimmick to sell tubs. No one ever buys extra. After a little while they never change them around. Seems to me if your buying a BF you had better wet test because what if it feels lousy, all the jet pacs, no matter where you put them. Or maybe buy all of them. Or just buy what the dealer steers you to. To me it's not technology, it's a gimmick to help sell a tub that's nothing more than, well OK? The pacs and the way they are mounted look clunky to me. There's more surface to clean when you clean your tub. And I cleaned mine a lot.

There's a whole lot of better tubs out there in my opinion. And whoever said 10 years, it better be longer than that. Great tubs last 20 or more.

And I don't care for the HS moto massage either. After 20+ years of ownership of different brands I like a certain feel and neither BF or HS give it to me. I would hope everyone finds there "feel" and are not steered to a brand because of some gimmick.

Big and Clunky? I'd get a refund from your eye doctor if I was you :-)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 01:42:53 pm »

I didn't discuss turning off all the seats except one; that's an irrelevant point since the whole purpose of a spa is to have all the seats on so people can enjoy them.  Of course the flow to one seat would increase if you turned everything else off, but why does that matter?  My point was that everyone can enjoy full power at their seat, or less if they want, without sacrificing power at another seat, which no other spa can do they way BF does because they all force you to divert flow from one seat in order to get max flow at another.

I'm not saying that other spas don't have sufficient power, or aren't quality spas, or don't have nice features, or that BF is the only way to go.  I'm simply explaining that a nice feature of a BF is that the design allows for individually adjustable power at each seat and that you don't lose a significant amount of power at one seat to get more power at another.

I tested several other brands and every time they would say, "Ok, sit in this seat and I'll adjust the diverter so you can get full power".  Then I would say, "Great, now keep me at full power and let my wife feel full power at her seat too".  And all the salesman would start making excuses about why they couldn't do that, or I would never really want full power at more than one seat, or just fiddle around with all these diverter settings to get some sort of balance of medium power, etc.

If that works for someone, great.  For me the BF system made much more sense.

Then it's not full power at every seat if you turn divertors and more flow goes to other seats.  Glad you are enjoying your Tub.  BF absolutely makes a fine product and are a top of the line spa.  Hope you have many trouble free years with it

Quickbeam

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »
Although we don't own a Bullfrog, I actually like some of the things they've done with their spas. I would have looked more closely at them when we were buying if they had a size that suited us. Having said this, I find the argument that you get "full power" at every seat laughable. It's just not possible, unless of course each seat has its' own pump and I don't believe that's the case with Bullfrog.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42