What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best tub for general family use -- non therapeutic  (Read 2690 times)

wt21

Best tub for general family use -- non therapeutic
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
If considering a tub for family (two teenagers) and friends use, and not therapeutic, and on a budget, is a Sundance Chelsee overkill? I put a deposit down, but the idea of $10K is not sitting well on me.

Would something like a Jacuzzi 245 or Hot Springs Ryhthm be a better choice? I haven't priced them yet, but am wondering if I could save a few $K here.

We've not used hot tubs before (outside of occasional use in hotels), and I'm fearing a $10K albatross. Can I get closer to $5-7K with those other models?

Hot Tub Forum

Best tub for general family use -- non therapeutic
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »

Racenut

Re: Best tub for general family use -- non therapeutic
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 01:24:14 pm »
For family and friends.. I would say the biggest you can afford lol.

Jacuzzi 245 almost the same as the Sundance Edison and similar in specs to the Hot Spot Rhythm.  I have a 2 week old quote for an Edison for just under $6800 complete (delivered and taxed). I would guess the Jacuzzi 245 could be found in the same ball park as they are essentially the same and have the same MSRP.  But both quite a bit less than the Chelsee.  I was told no circ pump available on the Edison, and that was kinda a big deal to me.

These were all on my short shop list.  All that said, we ordered a Bullfrog R7.  It was a lil more $ but had everything we wanted and I like the design. But Bullfrog dealers aren't quite as plentiful as the others.  Having a good dealer counts for a lot.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 01:57:25 pm »
If considering a tub for family (two teenagers) and friends use, and not therapeutic, and on a budget, is a Sundance Chelsee overkill? I put a deposit down, but the idea of $10K is not sitting well on me.

Would something like a Jacuzzi 245 or Hot Springs Ryhthm be a better choice? I haven't priced them yet, but am wondering if I could save a few $K here.

We've not used hot tubs before (outside of occasional use in hotels), and I'm fearing a $10K albatross. Can I get closer to $5-7K with those other models?

There are really good spas out there at $13k, $10k, $7k... it just depends on what you want. Go check out the J245 and Rhythm and then compare them versus the Chelsee so you can look at the pluses and minuses of each. There is no shame in deciding that a $7k spa has what you need just as there is no shame in deciding you want the extras you might like in the $10k model, its a personal choice.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:08 pm »
Yeah, you can get a basic hot tub from a top tier manufacturer in the $7 to $8k range no problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42