What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing newbie question -- general pricing level  (Read 3079 times)

wt21

Pricing newbie question -- general pricing level
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:57:51 pm »
We are looking for a mid-level Hot Tub that seats 5-6 people, no lounger. We'd like a good maker/warranty. This is for my wife and I to relax, but also my middle school and teenage daughters to have a draw to invite friends over. This will be an above ground unit, permanent (we're going to set it down, and then later build a patio and/or low deck around it)

I think we'd like a circulation pump and ozone treatment and would like the foot massage jets (I think it's called a "foot dome?")

With the labor day sales this weekend, we are finding offers that include the tub, delivery, composite stairs, cover and auto cover lift and composite surround for $9900, though we also found one around $8000 (lesser warranty).

Is that about the right price for this level of unit? I'd prefer to be around $7,500, but if that's not reasonable, then I'd love to know now before I kill myself with a ton of research :)

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing newbie question -- general pricing level
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:57:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pricing newbie question -- general pricing level
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »
 The brands what models are you looking at would help immensely. 

icenogle

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:26:32 am »
$9,900 should be a nice tub to relax in.  Last week we got the J-345.  Best purchase I have ever made.  We are down to the last teenager (17) at home.  I'm completely opposite, no friends of his for this hot tub.  They won't help keep it clean and I would be nervous if something happened to them one of them, what would happen to me.  Good luck with your hunt.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:50 am »
Prices sound right for what you are describing. 
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wt21

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »
Thanks all for the feedback. Wish there was a "like" or "thanks" buttons for all your posts. Appreciate it.

boatbabe40

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 08:09:23 pm »
Hi--Great question and one I have myself, especially since I've been researching it to death because I am worried about overpaying.

We are looking at the Sundance Chelsee, Hot Springs Vanguard and have been quoted $9900 for the Chelsee and $8999 for the Vanguard.  LA Spas looked substantially less expensive ($6895) but not sure if that is a bargain or a subpar.

Would love any feedback--hope that would help you too @wt21

Racenut

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 11:00:03 pm »
The Sundance Edison was on my short list and sounds about like you are describing other than I was told that a circ pump was not an available option. If that's a deal breaker, then nevermind.. or perhaps the Jacuzzi J245, which retails for the same, but maybe they have a circ option, I don't know.  But I had a quote for $6800 for the Edison, tub, cover, steps, etc.. delivered, taxed and my old tub hauled away.

In the end we ordered a Bullfrog R7, but the Sundance was a close second.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 11:00:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42