What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Probably pulling trigger, but couple questions!  (Read 2026 times)

Gibson00

Probably pulling trigger, but couple questions!
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »
So, we were hoping to get a price on Bullfrog A7, but the one place that has access to them not only doesn't stock any of them, they apparently can't even give me a price quote.  They are still waiting to hear back from the distributor I guess.  Don't places usually have a price list for things they sell???
Anyway, since I won't even be able to dry test one, and kind of assuming the price will be high, I think I may pass.

We went to the two other local dealers (well, not counting the Master Spas dealer, ruled it out based on feedback here..), which were Beachcomber and Arctic.
Both had a model we liked, and we were able to see the jets in action on both.

So, the beachcomber 720 - it has 2 pumps, one at 2.5hp and one at 3.5hp, and I believe around 32 jets. When the guy at the store cranked them up, it didn't really seem all that powerful.  Maybe I'm overestimating how powerful a jet should feel, and granted I just had my hands in, wasn't 'wet' testing.  Other than that it seemed like a nice tub and a good price.  Size was 80" x 88".

For Arctic, we are looking at the Summit Legend Select...which is 3 pumps all at 4HP, and close to 60 jets.  Had the sales guy turn it up, and it felt a bit more powerful than the Beachcomber, and I also liked how some of the jets rotated and made the water feel like it was sort of pulsating.  The arctic was also a bit bigger at 93" x 93".  Price will likely be about 1500 more than the Beachcomber.

BTW, when I went to the bullfrog dealer to see if they had gotten the price on the model I had asked them about the day before, I mentioned that we were looking at Arctic.  Her comment was 'careful where you get your parts from'.  Not sure what she really meant by that?  Does Arctic not honor their warranties, etc??
Anything else I should be considering?
We did also sit in the Arctic frontier and klondiker, and decided we didn't want the loungers...

Thx for any advice!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:20:36 pm by Gibson00 »

Hot Tub Forum

Probably pulling trigger, but couple questions!
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »

Water Boy

Re: Probably pulling trigger, but couple questions!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:08:38 pm »
Arctic has a five year warranty. Yes they honer their warranty and parts are  100% available. That was just some bs comment from a competiting dealer. Not sure why they would say that.

The summit is a very comfortable model, if not the most comfortable one from Arctic. The legend select has 3 pumps and 61 jets. That would be a great spa! Pretty much fully loaded model you are looking at.

I also agree about the loungers. I think you would like the Summit much better than the Klondiker or Frontier. I know I do. Good luck on your search!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Probably pulling trigger, but couple questions!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:08:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42