What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog pricing in Canada? And, Bullfrog vs Arctic?  (Read 8571 times)

Gibson00

Bullfrog pricing in Canada? And, Bullfrog vs Arctic?
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:17:57 pm »
Hi all, starting to narrow down choices..

Can anyone tell me what I should expect for pricing on a Bullfrog A7?
And, how do the Bullfrog spas compare to the Arctic spas?
The Arctics I've been looking at were the Frontier, Glacier XL, Yukon and Klondiker.  All in the 3 pump 'Legend' series...

Lastly....and partly why I'm unsure of what to get....what is the general consensus on the lounger chairs?  I know they take up extra room.  The salesperson made the comment that a lot of people buy their first hot tub with one, and their second hot tub without.....

Unfortunately, there isn't any opportunity to wet test any of these.  I am in Halifax, NS, and neither the Arctic dealer nor the Bullfrog dealer have any tubs filled.  Arctic dealer has most models unfilled on the floor.  Bullfrog dealer doesn't even stock them, so can't even dry test.  :(

Thx!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog pricing in Canada? And, Bullfrog vs Arctic?
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:17:57 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Bullfrog pricing in Canada? And, Bullfrog vs Arctic?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:29:29 pm »
If you wet test then I'd say get a lounge spa if the lounger fits you and you don't float. If you don't wet test I'd skip the lounge option completely.

Wet testing is very important so its always a bummer it they won't fill a spa but I can understand that you may have to rely on the dry sit if there are no other dealer options around you besides these two brands but I'm not sure I could ever buy from a dealer who doesn't even stock the product because I need to see and sit in it (let alone wet test it) and I'd also wonder how much they know about the product if its not even on their showroom floor.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:12:53 pm »
Way to personal of a choice to not sit in it and kick the tires. Or even see it. Sounds like you going to spend upwards of 10g's. Touch it first.
Retired

Gibson00

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:03:27 am »
Thanks for the replies.  Yes, it sucks that I cant wet test these!

Bumping up, if anyone can tell me Canadian pricing on the A7?

sksmoker

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 11:05:11 pm »
Both tubs are top tier. You need to at least sit in the bullfrog. We looked at them and the lounger in the bullfrog was the best fit for both my wife and I which is unusual as I am 6'0 and she is 5'1. Even more comfortable than the Acrtic Klondiker for us.

The lounger fit me perfectly but the other chairs did not. My wife couldn't find a comfortable seat and we tried the A8/A7 with and without a lounger at our local dealer.

Hopefully someone can come by and help with pricing but I am afraid that you may not get much for pricing. As the loonie has all but died, I wouldn't be surprised to see the tubs increase in price if they haven't already just on exchange rate alone.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 02:34:53 pm »
They are probably similar in pricing, though I can't imagine making a purchase as large as this, site unseen.  If the guy is even committed to displaying them, I would question how long he will be around or at least be leery of the customer service you will receive.

Gibson00

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:48 pm »
Thanks all.  Yeah, still haven't even got a price from the dealer on the bullfrog, and agree that it doesn't make sense to buy it unseen.  Good example was with Arctic Frontier and Klondiker.  Thought I'd love the Arctic Frontier, but we sat in it again (dry) yesterday and couldn't get comfortable in the loungers.  Sat in a dry Klondiker as well, and the loungers were more comfortable, but in the end the one we liked the most, and had the most room for our kids (5 & 8) to 'wander' in was the Arctic Summit.  We also checked out a beachcomber 720, but wasn't as big and had less power.
We put a deposit down on the Arctic Summit Legend Select.  :)

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »
Solid choice! Congrats on your new spa. Now is the really hard part! Waiting for it! ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Sam

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:34 am »
Thanks all.  Yeah, still haven't even got a price from the dealer on the bullfrog, and agree that it doesn't make sense to buy it unseen.  Good example was with Arctic Frontier and Klondiker.  Thought I'd love the Arctic Frontier, but we sat in it again (dry) yesterday and couldn't get comfortable in the loungers.  Sat in a dry Klondiker as well, and the loungers were more comfortable, but in the end the one we liked the most, and had the most room for our kids (5 & 8) to 'wander' in was the Arctic Summit.  We also checked out a beachcomber 720, but wasn't as big and had less power.
We put a deposit down on the Arctic Summit Legend Select.  :)

Congrats!!  Excellent choice.  Make sure you stick around and let us know how everything goes.

sksmoker

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »
Summit is a good tub. Enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42