What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally--Spatopia has arrived!  (Read 8312 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Finally--Spatopia has arrived!
« on: July 11, 2004, 04:10:45 pm »
Today was Christmas and Santa Claus, disguised as 2 wonderfully efficient and competent installers showed up in their sleigh (pickup and dual wheel trailer with spa and forklift in tow) at 8:30 a.m.--simply amazing since they were coming from Tampa and left this morning at 3:30 a.m.! They expertly lifted the spa up to our deck, 8' off the ground and placed it perfectly. By just past 11:00 a.m., they were completed and on their way back to Tampa (with a nice c-note tip for their competency, attitude and demeanor.) Smooth as silk--couldn't have gone any better. We jumped in our Master Spa LSX this afternoon and were instantly in love, even though we were under a 100 degree direct sun. Can't wait for fall/winter this year! And really looking forward to tonight to see how that colorscape light works with our almond pearl shell. One happy spa owner....finally! Aaahhhhhhh...........
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Finally--Spatopia has arrived!
« on: July 11, 2004, 04:10:45 pm »

needaspa

Re: Finally--Spatopia has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 04:35:31 pm »
You paid $100 as a tip?  Didn't you already pay for delivery and installation?

pafoster62

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 04:49:37 pm »
 ;Dcongrats!!!!!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 05:16:11 pm »
Congratulations!  Glad things went so smooth.

Love to hear what you think of the colorscape lighting after your experience tonight.

Regards, Zz

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 06:51:42 pm »
Windsurfdog!!!

The long wait is over!  Congratulations!!!  May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!

You'll love the lights!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 08:12:13 pm »
And really looking forward to tonight to see how that colorscape light works with our almond pearl shell. One happy spa owner....finally! Aaahhhhhhh...........

It would be just a minor photographic challenge, but if you can, I''d love to see how that does look.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 09:09:06 pm »
I tried/did take a few pics at night of the spa,in various stages of the color spectrum. They didn't come out very good. Not sure if it's the digi camera,the operator,or both.

I'll see if I can round em up,they are filed somewhere on this tank lol.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 09:18:26 pm »
Now you can enjoy your spa and forget the price lol.Johnny Thunders :o

treggert

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 09:37:03 pm »
So you bought a masterspa . I have been checking them out-tell me what made you decide to go with masterspa?? I am dying to get more info on them
thanks!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 10:11:18 pm »
Congrats  :)

May you soak long and prosper.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 12:10:12 am »
Thanks so much to each and every one of you!  I love this board and you are the reason why........

To needaspa......
Yes, delivery and setup was included in my deal just as delivery and setup is included in your meals purchased at a restaurant.  I felt that getting up and travelling from 3:30 a.m. coupled with difficult (8' off the ground deck) yet perfect installation warranted something extra.

To Zz.....
I thought I was getting a Colorscape light but it is a Colorglo.  I'm not sure if there is any difference but I am very satisfied with the results.  The colors against my almond pearl shell are wonderful and, since I got the stainless steel trim rings around the jets, the colors really go off....I like the slow, fade change but the red is really cool since it still allows the stars to jump out of the sky......

To Lori......
Many thanks and, yes, the light is way cool.  I opted for it instead of the fiber optic system that Master Spa offers to keep down on the shell penetrations and, now that I've seen the Colorglo, I'm glad I did.

To wmccall....
I've got an old digital and I'll try but I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to photography.  I'm also planning a set of pics for the tub, deck and surroundings to be posted on the web (yahoo, specifically) so I'll make sure the board is notified.

To johnny.......
If only it was just the cost of the tub I'd be ecstatic.  I've sunk WAY much more in the deck, the 360 walkway around the house, the new windows and door, and new vinyl siding.  Hey, you got an extra Franklin you can float my way????

To treggert......
My first choice in tubs was a Sundance Cameo.  The dealer was such a piece of work, I now call him the Sundunce dealer.  He was only 20 miles away so I went 200 miles away to Tampa to get my Master Spa and, after one day, I'm so glad I did.  The LSX is a great tub and I have absolutely no regrets over the Cameo.  The next comments are about the LSX without regard to the Cameo or any other spa:  24/7 circ pump, individually controllable jets (on, off, or variable in between), 3 therapy pumps, layout of the LSX, ABS bottom, galvanized steel frame, and, so far anyway, the dealer....all made the difference.  I got the Master Spa version of thermopane insulation.....this winter will tell the tale on that.  We'll see how the product and the dealer and manufacturer are over the course of the next few years.  I do wish that I could have left my money in my home county but Mr. Sundunce made that impossible.  Good luck with your search and count on me to offer any opinions/observations I can for Master Spa.

To Chas.....
Thank you so much for your valued opinions here and at other spa forums.  I very much respect your opinions and feel that I'd probably be a Hot Springs owner today had our proximity been closer.  I am honored with your congratulations.  Thank you.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 01:18:56 am »
You paid $100 as a tip?  Didn't you already pay for delivery and installation?

Hes.....Back......... :o....... :o.......... :-/.......

enjoy your new spa..... ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 01:44:23 am »
Needsaclue would drop a quarter in the tin cup of a blind man and take out 3 dimes.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 09:32:19 am »
Congratulations on your spa windsurfdog.  I would love to see a pic of your installation. 8' off the ground/walk around must be superb.

BTW - My tip for the delivery crew was a cold case of beer. We were the last delivery on a Friday late afternoon and it was fairly hot and the sunshine was fantastic.

Once the tub was in place, the beer and the cigars came out.

spaguyohio

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 10:25:29 am »
When they delivered my spa, I gave all the guys 20 bucks each and cold case of pepsi. Would have preferred to give them beer, but I didnt want them drinking and driving.  

I drove all over town looking for spas, and ended up buying Master Spa which was right in my back yard practically. Ive been a very happy with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 10:25:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42