What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally--Spatopia has arrived!  (Read 8287 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Finally--Spatopia has arrived!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 11:37:59 am »
Thanks so much to each and every one of you!  I love this board and you are the reason why........

To wmccall....
I've got an old digital and I'll try but I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to photography.  I'm also planning a set of pics for the tub, deck and surroundings to be posted on the web (yahoo, specifically) so I'll make sure the board is notified.

.  Thank you.

As a semi professional photographer (I use to get paid for a magazine I use to work for)  I'll offer a little advice, not knowing the capabilities of your digitial camera.  

The good thing about digital is you can take 1000 pictures to get one good one with out processing costs.  Obviously this is going to be a low light shot using long exposure times so you will want a tripod. I would vary exposure times out to 10-30 seconds if you can, that will bring out bright colors.  

This exposure is about 10 seconds. This is the waterfall on my Dynasty tub  ;D

To really showcase the tub and the coloring, I would take pictures with the jets off.  or for effect one jet on low with no air injection for a slight ripple effect.   If you try to take the shot with people in the tub, the faces will be dark if you try to get the lighting of the tub right.   You can counter this by using candles, or torches around the tub. (They should be just below the tub height wise so not to reflect in the water, but still light the faces.)  The people would have to remain pretty still for a low light shot.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 11:39:07 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 11:37:59 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 11:49:54 am »
Beautiful waterfall mccall. Did'nt know that it was that spectacular. Does it come with its own barrell to ride the fall?  ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 12:49:49 pm »
Beautiful waterfall mccall. Did'nt know that it was that spectacular. Does it come with its own barrell to ride the fall?  ;)

Shucks, you figured it out.  I did take the photo though, back around 1981 I think.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 01:00:45 pm »
Wonderfull to see them up close. And it is a picture perfect photo. The colours of the lights on the falls at night makes them even more spectacular.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 08:43:01 am »
To doodoo, spaguyohio, wmccall:
Sorry I didn't respond earlier.....

doodoo,
Can't wait for my first cigar in the tub.....yours sounds delicious.  I'll get pics of the whole installation posted soon though we will be out of town this weekend and work beckons during the week.  Also, our project includes new vinyl windows and a new fiberglass door which are already installed and new vinyl siding to be installed next week.  I might have to wait to get the siding installed before I post the pics (gosh I'm getting vain these days!)  I will post them soon though because I'm so happy with the work and the way the whole project is turning out.

spaguyohio,
I'm ecstatic with the LSX so far.  The adjustability of the therapy, down to each individual jet, is awesome and could not be appreciated with the wet test.....I'm only starting to appreciate it now.  Leave it to say, I'm not missing my first choice (Sundance Cameo) one bit though I bet I would be happy with it as well.....but I really think I got the best tub for me.....of course this is only after a couple of days.....hopefully the jury will return a verdict in my favor over time.  BTW, which Master Spa model do you have?

wmccall,
I'll do my best with the pics......thanks so much for the suggestions.  I do have a tripod and I'll definitely use it.  After my second evening in the tub, I'm absolutely happy with the light and have no second thoughts about not ordering Master Spa's fiber optic lighting system.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spaguyohio

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 10:23:37 am »
I have an LS-850. Originally got a LS700, but saw the 850 before my 700 was delivered. I love it. Im in the spa at least 45 min. to an hour each day.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 02:48:00 pm »
spaguyohio,

Way cool.  The LS850 looks like a wonderful tub with more room for bathers than the LSX.  I'm preparing a review for the LSX....I'll post a notice on the forum after I do.  I guess we'll have to form a Master Spas fan club after reading some of the "more pumps/more jets/more power compensate for inferior design" comments floating around....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stiffy

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 05:37:09 pm »
Congrats,,,,,,,,,. we are right behind you on that new ownership thing, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

spaguyohio

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 10:20:11 am »
Youll enjoy that LSX, Ive been in one and love the extreme seat. Talk about a work out!  

I happened to meet the president of Master Spa when I bought my spa at a home improvement show. Great guy, knows his product inside and out, not just a pencil pusher like Ive seen with other corporate head honchos.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 10:20:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42