What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Jim - How to shut off clearray?  (Read 5910 times)

watson524

Jacuzzi Jim - How to shut off clearray?
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »
Jim - I'm hoping this catches your eye but didn't want to send a PM in case others need to know the info.

I need to shut off the clearray in my J-385 (possibly permanently, but at least temporarily for now). It looks like there's a line from the unit to a transformer and then from there over to a green plug in on the main panel. Is pulling that green plug enough to shut it down? On the control panel, it still lights up the blue light as being on when the circ is running (currently I'm on PF6 so 24 hours) but I figure that's just an indicator on the panel and not indicative of what's actually going on behind the scenes.

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim - How to shut off clearray?
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi Jim - How to shut off clearray?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 11:54:53 pm »
Jim - I'm hoping this catches your eye but didn't want to send a PM in case others need to know the info.

I need to shut off the clearray in my J-385 (possibly permanently, but at least temporarily for now). It looks like there's a line from the unit to a transformer and then from there over to a green plug in on the main panel. Is pulling that green plug enough to shut it down? On the control panel, it still lights up the blue light as being on when the circ is running (currently I'm on PF6 so 24 hours) but I figure that's just an indicator on the panel and not indicative of what's actually going on behind the scenes.

thanks!

Not jim but if you pull the wire out of spa pak then it's disconnected. You did it right. The light is most likely a indicator light but with no power going to it then it is off

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:21:01 am »
 Pulling the plug killed it, the blue light is just indicating the system is sending power to the plug.   Question is why un-hook it.

watson524

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:01 am »
Question is why un-hook it.

Thanks for confirming I killed it. After scratching my head trying to figure out why my over nite FC loss was higher than expected, it dawned on me (and was confirmed on another thread) that the ClearRay was doing it. I am going to do a test to compare how much is lost overnite with the UV running (about 40%) vs without it running so I needed to be able to kill it for tonite's part of the test.

thanks!

watson524

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:45:17 pm »
So another question on this one..... I went tonite to test the FC level (for tonite's ONLT) and tho the system is set to PF6 (24 hour filter going), I heard nothing when I approached. For some reason, the circ pump wasn't running. When I hit the clearray button it comes on (as does the blue light), but shouldn't it be on on its own like it always is with PF6?

watson524

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:21:50 am »
I'd like to say this was user error but I still can't explain it. Went to test at 8am this morning and the circ pump was running as expected. No idea why it wasn't last nite.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:21:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42