What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How important is number of pumps??  (Read 3283 times)

treggert

How important is number of pumps??
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:21:09 pm »
Is 4 pumps excessive?  Masterspa is the only spa i have looked into that has 4 pumps and i find it confusing-- 1, 2, 4 pumps???  What should it be???  Does it matter??So many dealers tell me so many different things, my head is swimming.I am doing my homework but just getting more confused. PLEASE HELP :o :o  

Hot Tub Forum

How important is number of pumps??
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:21:09 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: How important is number of pumps??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 09:35:02 pm »
I said go with the diamante spas they have 5 pumps and 60 jets and they are 18hp.......Maybe you can race my mustang gt with it lol.but really get something with 2 pumps and all the top 10 spas companys don't give yea 60 jets but maybe half because most of the jets that they are giving you are useless.........Johnny Thunders

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 11:53:07 pm »
After the warranty the number of pumps could become an issue.

Ask what the cost of replacement, both labor and parts for a new motor and pump and you will have your answer.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 06:34:33 am »
I have 1 pump in my tub and my wife and family and anyone that's been over loves it. Plenty of power to make it hurt if you'd like.

Which goes to show HP makes no difference, it's the feel of the jets.  
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 08:25:59 am »
Don't worry about the number of jets, the number of pumps, or their stated power.  Hop in the tubs, try them out, and pick the one that best suits your needs.
Stick with well known brands with good track records, and you'll come out fine.
Brewman
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 09:02:37 am »
I agree with Brewman. Get in and wet test the major brands. That is the best method to discover for yourself what is good or not.  Power and number of pumps are not really the barometer that you should base yourself on but rather the experience of the wet test and peace of mind in a reputable brand and comfort with a dealer. IMO :)

stiffy

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 06:11:36 pm »
doodoo and brewman are absolutly right on, I know by following theirs and many others advice.
Wetest and wettest for as long as you will feel comfortable and bring someone with you.
I would also like to pass on something the first 2 times
my wife met me straight from work to wettest, she hadn't eaten for a long time and felt realy quezy the first time and the second she was so uncomfortable she was no help on opinions.
After that she had a snack and brought a cold bottle of water and all the other wettest she was fine.
Good luck!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 06:11:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42