What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-385 headrest LED housing "cover" cracked  (Read 3498 times)

watson524

Jacuzzi J-385 headrest LED housing "cover" cracked
« on: May 29, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »
Hi all,

Doing the first drain and when I took the one headrest off, the clear plastic covering with the rubber backer gasket fell into the water. Looks like it's a screw in over the LED itself. Is this something that if I go to the dealer he can get me the part and I can replace myself? Unfortunately, I can't unscrew the part that was threaded in there. Looks like it was screwed in too tight and cracked it. Haven't taken the back panel off to see what's what. I'm hesitant to run it and have water get up in there but clearly this didn't just happen so I guess it's ok.

Interestingly, this is the same seat we had an issue with the air switch not being seated right too.

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-385 headrest LED housing "cover" cracked
« on: May 29, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »

watson524

Re: Jacuzzi J-385 headrest LED housing "cover" cracked
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:33:10 pm »
Bump. And it looks like another one is cracked, just hasn't come apart yet. Not clear when you look through it and you can see cracking, while the other two are clear.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »
  I have never seen that happen, have you called the dealer?

watson524

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:47:16 pm »
Called them Saturday and waiting to hear back. Since my 180 days of no trip fee is just under 2 weeks from done, I'm calling again tomorrow. When I took the corner panel off, there's a bit of water in the pan there so it's apparently leaking a bit but nothing crazy.

I also had issues with the air button in the seat with there LED cover cracked where it became unseated twice and wouldn't shut the air off. One time the ring around it came right off and the button wouldn't stay up. I got it reseated and it's been fine for 2 months but I mentioned that too.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:57:59 pm »
 I doubt the 2 are related, just pretty odd it happened once let alone twice. 

watson524

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:14:21 pm »
Yeah I thought so too. I didn't want to even touch the second one when I started looking closely at it for fear it would fall apart too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:14:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42