What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ANYONE OWN THE HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER?  (Read 7734 times)

kbingel

ANYONE OWN THE HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER?
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:33 am »
I am about to pull the trigger on the hot springs Jetsetter.  I looked at the Jetsetter NXT because I wanted more depth, but it is only in the foot well so I didn't think the extra money was warranted.  PLUS, i do not want lights all over the outside and all as i like it dark....SO........I really need people who sell them or preferably own them to let me know if they feel it is deep enough. I just can't get to one to try it out myself as I would have to do at least 8-10 hour round trip which I just can't find the time for right now. 

Anyone?

Hot Tub Forum

ANYONE OWN THE HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER?
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:33 am »

Sam

Re: ANYONE OWN THE HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »
It would help if we knew hot tall you are....

kbingel

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 01:37:07 pm »
SAM, of course....ha ha...I am main user probably at 5'5.  My husband is 5'10.  It is for me mainly as I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  My husband is not a fan of hot tubs, but has never had one on his own deck so that might change...:) 

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:19:37 pm »
The standard Jetsetter should be totally fine for you.  Neither of you is exceptionally tall.  The wet test is really the only way to know for sure, but since that isn't going to happen I am offering this advice.  If you really like the spa and the company selling to you, you certainly can't go wrong with a Jetsetter.  It's an awesome little hot tub that is built well and comes from one of the most reputable manufacturers in the industry.  I say go for it.  You won't find too many complaints from owners of that hot tub.

kbingel

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 03:47:32 pm »
Thanks Sam,

I needed that.  Yes, when you live in the boonies, it's hard to get to visit and wet test hot tubs so research it the best I can do.  Even my dealer, who I like and trust by the way, hasn't any on the floor right now.  There just isn't enough population to maintain a lot of inventory for these stores up here. From reading on these forums, and digging thru the net, I have read enough to know that your dealer is important.

I'll certainly weigh in once I get it so people can get some ideas from someone who has one as to the depth issue. 

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 05:30:50 pm »
Thanks Sam,

I needed that.  Yes, when you live in the boonies, it's hard to get to visit and wet test hot tubs so research it the best I can do.  Even my dealer, who I like and trust by the way, hasn't any on the floor right now.  There just isn't enough population to maintain a lot of inventory for these stores up here. From reading on these forums, and digging thru the net, I have read enough to know that your dealer is important.

I'll certainly weigh in once I get it so people can get some ideas from someone who has one as to the depth issue.

Thanks!  We need more consumers coming back to share their experience. 

kbingel

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
Well, I ordered the HS Jetsetter today....feel real good about it.  Got the mocha body with the Tuscan Sun shell.  No extras.  My dealer does not like the ACE system....for what it's worth.  The Hot Springs company got back with me and said the NXT is simply the jetsetter on a pedestal and the interior depth is the same....why I wonder do they bother then????

It should arrive in 3-4 weeks. I'll take me a few pictures, and  yes....a nice little review of real live people and report back for ya all.

I do appreciate the imput.  I read through 100's of old posts, here and elsewhere and it gave me a lot to think about.  Since I started off wanting to get one on the internet....to finding a good dealer...etc....Thanks all!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 06:34:48 pm »
Well, I ordered the HS Jetsetter today....feel real good about it.  Got the mocha body with the Tuscan Sun shell.  No extras.  My dealer does not like the ACE system....for what it's worth. The Hot Springs company got back with me and said the NXT is simply the jetsetter on a pedestal and the interior depth is the same....why I wonder do they bother then????

It should arrive in 3-4 weeks. I'll take me a few pictures, and  yes....a nice little review of real live people and report back for ya all.

I do appreciate the imput.  I read through 100's of old posts, here and elsewhere and it gave me a lot to think about.  Since I started off wanting to get one on the internet....to finding a good dealer...etc....Thanks all!

Great purchase...the Jetsetter has been a best seller for many many years.  Also regarding the part above in bold (just in case anyone else is shopping similar models) technically the NXT is much more than "the jetsetter on a pedestal"

Jetsetter has 14 jets...Jetsetter NXT has 22
Jetsetter has a 3.5hp/1.65hp pump and the tub itself is 110v or 220v, Jetsetter NXT has a 5.2hp/2.5hp pump and is 220v only
Jetsetter is 29" the NXT version is 33"
Jetsetter framing/base is treated wood, the NXT is Polymeric
Jetsetter NXT has exterior lighting whereas the regular version does not
Jetsetter has a fixed control head, the NXT version has a wireless control head
Jetsetter comes standard with traditional filters, the NXT comes standard with Tri-X upgraded filters

Happy Soaking!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:51 pm »
y the NXT is much more than "the jetsetter on a pedestal"

Jetsetter has 14 jets...Jetsetter NXT has 22
Jetsetter has a 3.5hp/1.65hp pump and the tub itself is 110v or 220v, Jetsetter NXT has a 5.2hp/2.5hp pump and is 220v only
Jetsetter is 29" the NXT version is 33"
Jetsetter framing/base is treated wood, the NXT is Polymeric
Jetsetter NXT has exterior lighting whereas the regular version does not
Jetsetter has a fixed control head, the NXT version has a wireless control head
Jetsetter comes standard with traditional filters, the NXT comes standard with Tri-X upgraded filters

Yeah, but other than THAT....  ;D :D

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42