What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Flair  (Read 4548 times)

Inquisitions

Hot Springs Flair
« on: May 15, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »
Hello all,

Does anyone have opinions/experiences with the HS flair.  Got a quote from a local dealer today, and i really like this tub.  It comes with a free upgrade to the salt system.

Anything positive / negative with this tub?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Flair
« on: May 15, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Hot Springs Flair
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:43 pm »
Hello all,

Does anyone have opinions/experiences with the HS flair.  Got a quote from a local dealer today, and i really like this tub.  It comes with a free upgrade to the salt system.

Anything positive / negative with this tub?

Thanks

The Limelight Flair is a big seller for various reasons and a great spa. What exactly are your questions.

Inquisitions

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:54:42 pm »
Well I've heard the lighting system was problematic in past years, But I'm looking at the 2015 model so i didn't know if there was anything to watch out for.

Thanks

H2OTub

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:38:38 pm »
I've had my 2014 Flair since October, and haven't had any major issues. The only "big" problem was the check valve off the circ pump cracked which of course caused a leak. This was likely due to our extra cold winter this year. Had temps in the minus 20 and mid minus 30's F for lows, and highs at or barely above zero for days on end + some pretty strong winds. Took the repair guy about two minutes to fix it. I'll be adding some pipe insulation to that next winter, along with the fiberglass I stuffed in most of the equipment bay this winter (taken out now for summer).

I got my tub for therapy...not a party tub, it's just me in it. It's listed as a 5-6 person tub, but I'd say it's really only 3-4 comfortably. The variety of jets is pretty good. I don't think they are as strong, especially without adding the air in, as other tubs. I actually preferred them over the tubs that hammer you with their jets....personal preference.

Also be aware that not all the jets in all the seats run at once.  I run mine at the third press of the jets button mostly. Can't remember off hand if that runs both pumps at their highest or not, but anyway with the diverter valve turned to the right it runs the lounge mostly, with a few jets on in the other seats. Valve to the left runs most of the other seats jets with some jets on in the lounge. Running it with the valve in the 6 or 12 o'clock position gets all jets going, but at lower force.

Seems to be fairly energy efficient.

I heard about the lighting problems in the past too, but so far so good. Certainly looks nice in the evening.

My only complaints, and they are minor, are the noise from the diverter valve, fairly loud "sucking" noise on mine, and the same thing on the valve for the waterfall, unless it's turned full on.

I like the Flair. Think it's one of the better values for your money in hot tubs. I'd recommend it.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »
Well I've heard the lighting system was problematic in past years, But I'm looking at the 2015 model so i didn't know if there was anything to watch out for.

Thanks

At the very beginning there were some lighting issues but that was many years ago.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 10:51:34 pm »
Hot springs makes a premium tub. On the sales I miss to them I don't mind it as much because I know they bought a solid tub

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 10:51:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42