What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A series versus R series.  (Read 17060 times)

twands

Bullfrog A series versus R series.
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:42 pm »
New to this forum and looking to purchase a hot tub. I was wanting to know opinions on whether it is worth paying approx. $2000 extra to upgrade from an R6 to an A6. For the same price as the A6 I could also buy an R7.
Any advice would be appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A series versus R series.
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:42 pm »

dporter22

Re: Bullfrog A series versus R series.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:11:47 am »
We purchased an A7 and for us the upgrade was worth it.  The R6 is smaller, has fewer jetpaks (and they are black instead of a matching color if that matters to you), fewer foot/calf/wrist jets, and doesn't have the upgraded control interface.

The R Series still has all the other good Bullfrog construction and internal components though, so it just comes down to which features you like.

twands

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »
Thanks for your input. I don't know how much extra the A7 is beyond the R7. I will have to look into that as well. Without a doubt, to upgrade from an R6 to an A7 would be a significant jump in price, though extra foot, calf and wrist jets does sound like something that interests me.

dchris1

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:34:48 pm »
We were deciding between an R7 and A7 as well. When we wet tested the A7 we found the auxiliary pump controls really convenient. This feature along with the extra jetpack was the deciding factor for us. R7 is a great value though.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 11:44:51 pm »
  2000 more for a A6 vs a R6 is pretty high, should be about a 1000 higher.   Honestly I would get the R7 and call it good.  While I do like the extra pack in the R6 it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.   Stainless on the jets and a fancier pad plus a few extra lights I could live without as well.  But it's what's important to you size wise and budget wise.  I will say we sell more R series than As.  Both are great choices though! 

twands

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:50:26 pm »
Thanks for all the advice so far. I do feel $2000 is a bit much to upgrade from an R6 to an A6. Both R and A 6's have a lounger. There is only two of us and I don't know if the A and R 7 would be on the large side.
I will have to wet test a lounger to see how it suits.
How do others feel about the Bullfrog lounger option?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:20:29 pm »
 Actually it's the R6L or A7L they also have a new R6 with no lounge that people seem to be liking..  R7/R7L are decent sized spas @ 7'4 X 7'4.  If only 2 of you are using it 90% of the time might be a bit large.   Unless of course and no offense!   You two are well um on the large size body wise?  That being said I have sold larger spas to couples that just want to stretch out and or just like more space.   

twands

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:50 pm »
Thanks again for your reply. I did not know that there is an R6 (no lounger option).
Is there an A6 (no lounger option)?
We live in Canada and maybe the R6 -> A6 upgrade option costing $2000 is more expense here than in the USA.
Jacuzzi Jim - Would you take an R7 over an A6 in our case (we are not big fatties) - for the same cost roughly?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 10:15:31 pm »
Thanks again for your reply. I did not know that there is an R6 (no lounger option).
We live in Canada and maybe the R6 -> A6 upgrade option costing $2000 is more expense here than in the USA.
Jacuzzi Jim - Would you take an R7 over an A6 in our case (we are not big fatties) - for the same cost roughly?

Yes to both of those questions.  I can see up there would add to the price unfortunately  :'(  I say pick what's right for you!   

But I would also say if you have the space, and your undecided between the two error on the bigger spa.  I really think most people like to have space to move around and stretch out.   So many I talk with dwell on each seat and if it is comfortable.  Land sakes I get in my spa and hardly ever really sit in a seat.  Well I mean I do, but I like to just be relaxed and kinda just float in place it if that make sense?   If I want pressure on a certain spot I wedge my feet on something and let the jets do their magic.    Many dealers will argue that well in their spa people do not float.  Hog wash, pretty much everyone floats in a spa one way or another.     Curious if you have wet tested yet?  Might try it and other spas see what fits the bill..

Anyhoo hope this helps.  There are many brands out there, you might try a few and see what fits!   

Osceola2014

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 06:55:54 am »
We just got an R7 a couple of week ago and my thoughts were the same as yours.  For us the extra bling of the A7 was not worth the extra money.  We upgrade the jet packs to the same ones in the A7 for $200 there was also a promo for a free ozone unit when we ordered in February. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

Yes to both of those questions.  I can see up there would add to the price unfortunately  :'(  I say pick what's right for you!   

But I would also say if you have the space, and your undecided between the two error on the bigger spa.  I really think most people like to have space to move around and stretch out.   So many I talk with dwell on each seat and if it is comfortable.  Land sakes I get in my spa and hardly ever really sit in a seat.  Well I mean I do, but I like to just be relaxed and kinda just float in place it if that make sense?   If I want pressure on a certain spot I wedge my feet on something and let the jets do their magic.    Many dealers will argue that well in their spa people do not float.  Hog wash, pretty much everyone floats in a spa one way or another.     Curious if you have wet tested yet?  Might try it and other spas see what fits the bill..

Anyhoo hope this helps.  There are many brands out there, you might try a few and see what fits!   

I guess you need to change your name to BullJac Jim
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

sksmoker

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 01:25:52 pm »
Thanks for all the advice so far. I do feel $2000 is a bit much to upgrade from an R6 to an A6. Both R and A 6's have a lounger. There is only two of us and I don't know if the A and R 7 would be on the large side.
I will have to wet test a lounger to see how it suits.
How do others feel about the Bullfrog lounger option?

My wife and I were going to buy a bullfrog. The lounger was unbelievably comfortable for both of us which never happens. My wife is 5'1 and I am 6'0. Unfortunately the non lounge seats didn't work out so we ended up not going with them. To this day we both comment on that lounger in the bullfrog. In our next tub we will be back to them and see if the loungers still fit us the way the A8L did.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 01:25:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42