What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs Hot Spring vs Mira  (Read 9376 times)

NYY662

Marquis vs Hot Spring vs Mira
« on: March 28, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »
Hi,

I am in the market for my first hot tub and had some questions. I am looking at the marquis 660, hot spot relay and tempo, mira 800nl and lastly the hot spring pulse.

The marquis 660 has the nice multi level seating but the dealer has models without the full foam insulation. He said he could order one with full foam but highly recommends against it as he claims it will not make much of a difference in energy savings because the 660 is well insulated already.his argument is if there is a leak the full foam has to be removed anyways and increases labor. He says the key is the cover and with marquis standard partial insulation I wouldn't notice a significant difference in energy savings.

Question 1 - I am concerned on this because I live in upstate new York with cold winters. Is this dealer correct or what would be potential energy savings per month by upgradung to full foam?.

Question 2 -I have looked at the Mira 800nl any comments with pros and cons on this tub?

Question 3 - how does the marquis 660 or 545 size up against the hot spot lines relay and tempo?

Question 4 - the hot spring limelight pulse spa is nice but doesn't seem worth the price I was quoted 9500 which seems very high. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the light system and most reviews of the ace salt system leans me towards standard chlorine treatment. I know hot springs in general has a good reputation but what would be considered a reasonable price for that tub?

Any feedback on pros and cons of these tubs are appreciated but please try and address each of my questions while voicing your opinion.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs Hot Spring vs Mira
« on: March 28, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis vs Hot Spring vs Mira
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:07 pm »
A good cover is key and the old saying goes "if its cold outside wear a hat" but that assumes you have sense enough to be wearing a coat and a shirt or two as well. I wouldn't get a spa without full insulation and I was born and raised in Central NY so I know what you're up against. I don't know what a Mira is but Hot Spring spas are very good and Marquis is as well, go with whichever spa seems to fit/feel best and factor in your comfort that the dealer will be there for you after the sale but get one that is fully insulated.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:45:13 pm »
As a marquis dealer in the northeast I'm a proponent of full foam.  How much of a difference it makes I not really sure.  I like the idea of the full foam as a better insulator because in my mind the more insulation it has the better insulated it will be.  As far as a cost difference it's not going to be a noticable amount either way most likely.  The marquis E-series is not really made to compete against the hot spot line, its more comparable to the hot springs limelight series.  Marquis has the celebrity line to compete with hot spot.  The nice thing with the 660 is the different multi-level seats it offers.  It's the perfect family tub and it fits virtually anyone regardless of their size.  The 660 is one of my better sellers.  The 545 is a more basic looking tub with the lounge and it also has a higher seat at the end of the lounge.  The E-series has divertor valves that will let you customize your massage in different seats.  You will be able to get a deep tissue massage in whichever seat you are sitting in.  It comes standard with 2 two speed pumps.  The twilight lighting is a nice option on that tub as it's very good lighting and makes the tub pop.  The warranty on the components on the E-series is 3 years.  You are probably finding that the pricing is between the hot spot and the limelight series tubs. 

I have never heard of Mira tubs so I won't be any help there.

Hot spot tubs have a 2 year component warranty, no diverter valves, 3.5 to 2.5 cover versus a 4 to 3, 1 2 speed pump and one single speed, and less jets.  Hot spot is a good tub for what it is.  It's hot springs entry level tub.  It does have a real nice lighting system standard

The pulse is another great tub.  I think $9500 is in the ballpark of what that tub sells for.  The ace systme, while I think is a great idea, is probably something I would skip on.  I haven't heard any negative reviews on the lighting.

You are looking at 2 of the better manufacturers out there in hot springs and marquis.  I own a marquis dealership and have had very minimal problems with there tubs and we sell roughly 100 a year. Hoprfully someone else can give you some feedbck on the Mira tubs.  I've been in the business for close to 20 years and that's not a name I've heard of

NYY662

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:53:07 pm »
Thank you for the quick responses.

@hottubguy since you own a marquis dealership I am curious for you to weigh in on the stock partial foam insulation on the 660 and 545 eseries. Is it worth upgrading to full foam or is it not going to make much of a difference in ny because of the quality of the standard insulation.

I guess my question is what kind of difference would I see be inserting full foam versus stock insulation on those models.

Also Mira spas I was told is a brand marketed by the four winds spa company.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:17:09 pm »
I sell Marquis and don't think the full foam is a huge deal.  The standard insulation in the E-Series is going to be more insulation than some of the other premium manufacturers use.  You also have a reinforced cabinet on 3 sides of that spa which is basically a heavy duty insulation on the walls, in addition to the soft icynene insulation that surrounds the plumbing.  The full foam may save you a few dollars a month on your power bill.

The 660 is a great spa and will have the same pump system as some of the other fancier Marquis models. Very comfortable seating, I especially like the comfort of the "cool off" seat in that spa.

Marquis is a great brand, and it's made in the US vs Mexico.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
If I had a partial insulated tub and had space between the foam and the cabinet sides. And I could get the sides on and off. I would staple reflective insulation to the inside of the panels. Obviously it would have to be adjustable on the equipment bay panel.

This will likely give you the benefit of both getting to any problems easier and make up for the thinner insulation in some spots that may cost a little more.

Just sayin.......
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:24 pm »
Thank you for the quick responses.

@hottubguy since you own a marquis dealership I am curious for you to weigh in on the stock partial foam insulation on the 660 and 545 eseries. Is it worth upgrading to full foam or is it not going to make much of a difference in ny because of the quality of the standard insulation.

I guess my question is what kind of difference would I see be inserting full foam versus stock insulation on those models.

Also Mira spas I was told is a brand marketed by the four winds spa company.

It's tough to give a difference. That's just how I've always ordered them. The energy guides they give are the way they come stock. Like markee said it's probably only a few bucks a month. Four winds is nowhere near on the same level as marquis or hot springs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42