What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I need help quick! jacuzzi switch went out, need help replacing.  (Read 4842 times)

iseeinrealtime

The on/off switch must have gotten wet and is not not working. It is a Pentair Pump switch, but now apparently a Balboa due to company being sold. Balboa pump part number 17143840382. I don't need the pump, I just need the switch, which is a push button switch. Please see photos. I have tried to find the part, but I am only coming up with pumps, not this button. Tech support told me to look for US part center online, no luck.
The info I have is Pentair Pump
Description: WOW pump; 1 speed
Part # 1010028 Electronic control plug
UL mod # PUWWSCET1598R (possibly POWWSCET1598R...I'm looking at bad handwriting)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jqsbloz5a1s8nq8/AADKynOU-TkdYMYwEqd6Eoaua?dl=0

Hot Tub Forum

Kev B

Re: I need help quick! jacuzzi switch went out, need help replacing.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:55:09 am »
None of those numbers are relevant at my supply house and I have never seen a switch like that before. It looks like a secondary auxiliary switch and there should be another one on the main topside, right? I believe you are going to need to replace the entire control unit if this is the only switch to run the motor.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:11 am »
What brand of spa do you have, and can you post a picture of the controller and spa aside panel?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

iseeinrealtime

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:24:30 am »
Thanks for your response everyone. I am still looking for this part. It's a jacuzzi in a hotel room. The owner says it was put in about 7 years ago, but from the style of tub, I was thinking more like 15! Who knows...
using the link below, you can see pics of whole tub. There is no control panel or anything, only this electronic switch that was topside on the tub but due to abuse by idiot customers, it had to be moved to the wall... that's why it was filled in...
I would think that this push button on/off switch would come with the tub and not the motor or pump??

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jqsbloz5a1s8nq8/AADKynOU-TkdYMYwEqd6Eoaua?dl=0

Kev B

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:22:06 am »
Oh yes...the primary  means of doing this is with air tube instead of wire, an air switch in place of that button and I use a company called Len Gordan

iseeinrealtime

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:41:42 pm »
Kev, is there any way you can elaborate on that? The button that I need is the actual power switch for the jets. So, an "air tube" is an unfamiliar term to me.

Kev B

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:43 am »
 It appears to me to be a whirlpool tub in the photo. Most of these only need a simple single function control and there is no heater correct? SO in place of the on/off switch you put in an air button and a new control box. Then, between the control box and the air button you have a 3/8 inch tube so when you press the button, air and not low voltage is what activates the pump.

Bath Control Complete   Air Activated
Model   MM-2TDF-99
Voltage   230v
Manufacturer   Len Gordon

OR

Bath Control Complete   Air Activated
Model   MM-1TD-W-99
Voltage   115v
Manufacturer   Len Gordon

I am not sure if it comes with the air button....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42