What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-385 diverter valves and air buttons moving on their own?  (Read 3108 times)

watson524

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

No, I did not eat too many chocolate bunnies and marshmallow Peeps before posting this. We've had our J-385 tub since just before Christmas. We are in it at least a few times / week at nite. We're religious about turning off the air buttons and also putting the diverter valves in the middle. A few times we've gone out and notice that one or two of the air buttons are in the on position or sometimes one diverter valve isn't quite in the middle. Hhhmm... ok that's odd but maybe we missed something. Today, we went out for the weekly testing and maintenance and the 2 diverter valves were totally turned to one side and all 4 air valves were on. Last time it was used, my husband was in it and I wasn't but he swears everything was back to "middle" and the air valves were off.

We don't have the secondary filtration cycle running that runs pump one, so only the circ pump runs when we're not in it.

For now we've locked the system so without going through all the keystrokes, you can't turn on the pumps or change the temperature.

Is there any chance things could be happening on their own? I mean it's possible we missed the diverter valves the last time but given that we've seen the air buttons move when we KNOW we left them off... We really can't believe someone would be using the tub since I work from home and damn near everyone knows it (and we live in the boonies with limited neighbors) and you'd think at nite we'd hear something since our bedroom is right over the driveway and our tub is RIGHT off the deck.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-385 diverter valves and air buttons moving on their own?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 03:28:08 pm »

I could maybe see an air btn once in a great moon, no way divertors are going to move without someone or "thing" moving them.   

Budule

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:04:32 am »
Yep , its haunted.....mine (j375) takes quite a but of effort to move the diverters , especially all the way , so that a pretty strong specter you got there...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:19:37 am »
How secure if your back yard?  My problem was foreign objects appearing in our tub,including a hamburger bun, and we never eat in our tub.  Putting up a surveillance camera revealed it was neighbor girls.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

watson524

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 01:15:55 pm »
Not really secured at all. We live on 20 acres of land surrounded by another 90 my parents own. Very limited neighbors and it's RIGHT next to the back deck so that's pretty ballsy if someone is coming up and using it. We triple checked when we got out last nite that hte diverters are in the middle and air is off in all 4 spots. I'm also going to move one of the cameras to point out that way.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:05:16 pm »
at least it wasn't a neighbor girl pouring an entire bottle of Hershey's syrup in your Hot Tub because your son broke up with her lol...yes this happened to a customer of mine not once, but TWICE!  It's the only time I've seen a customer come in to pickup water-care supplies with his face as red as a tomato, haha

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:05:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42