What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Considering Epic - Marquis Owners -How does your hot tub hold up long term?  (Read 15705 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Any spa can have some issues!   Doesn't matter how much you pay or what brand it is, it might have a problem at some point.   It's why you go with a reputable dealer, and a good company.  Marquis is a great company, your dealer I don't know, as a company is only as good as it's dealer.

this...spas selling for 12-16k can have issues on the first fill-up...things happen, its a part of life, what matters most is how the dealer reacts and how quickly they take care of the issue.  There is a reason 90% of us on here continually preach buying from a solid local dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

meriflower

I know water chemistry and properly maintain my water at all times. These things aren't cheap and I don't have money to throw away.  Also if it was something that I did I highly doubt that Marquis would have taken back my Euphoria and give me a heavily discounted price on a new Epic.  I will say Marquis was good with that and my dealer was good at coming out and fixing problems.  Sorry the OP asked for owners responses so I gave mine/chimed in.  For the OP do a search on Marquis on this forum, other spa forums, the BBB, Google, etc.  Also with on other spas that you are interested in.  As I already stated, I hope you have better luck with yours than I had with mine.  If you really love the Epic get it - just because I can't recommend it shouldn't stop you for getting something you want.  Now if I were to listen to Tman I wouldn't have gotten my current spa that I really love!  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I know water chemistry and properly maintain my water at all times. These things aren't cheap and I don't have money to throw away.  Also if it was something that I did I highly doubt that Marquis would have taken back my Euphoria and give me a heavily discounted price on a new Epic.  I will say Marquis was good with that and my dealer was good at coming out and fixing problems.  Sorry the OP asked for owners responses so I gave mine/chimed in.  For the OP do a search on Marquis on this forum, other spa forums, the BBB, Google, etc.  Also with on other spas that you are interested in.  As I already stated, I hope you have better luck with yours than I had with mine.  If you really love the Epic get it - just because I can't recommend it shouldn't stop you for getting something you want.  Now if I were to listen to Tman I wouldn't have gotten my current spa that I really love!  :)

meriflower

Every body's different and that's what I preach. Just because I haven't drank the BF koolaid. No need for your hostility. I haven't drank anyone's koolaid. And I believe what feels right on your butt is what's important. Mattie wet tested both and decided based on the what should be the most important factor for everyone. As long as the brands have a good reputation. And Marquis does. Not my favorite either meriflower. But they have a grand reputation in Northern Minnesota. It's chilly up here. I'm sorry you have a bad taste in your mouth from Marquis and if I was in a position to help you to get a better taste for Marquis I would.

You can read all my posts, I never said BF wasn't a decent tub. I'm just not into gimmicks. I would be into, in this order; Butt Comfort/Power/Feel, Reliability/Long Term Value, Energy Efficiency, Quiet Operation, Brand Reputation, Dealer Reputation, Cost, Bells/Whistles/Gimmicks.

If it's not gimmicky to you it explains all our choices. :) In all the 25 years I have owned 10-15 different HT's Marquis included. I have never felt the need, or had the want to move jets. I think one of the reasons Arctic Spas kinda stopped selling that you could do it on there tubs also. I do however move to different seats, a lot, and that's why comfort on my butt is real important :) You could argue that reduced plumbing is a benefit but, if a tub feels right and it's not a BF than maybe more plumbing is better? As long as the plumbing is properly engineered. From what I have seen and felt from Marquis and their reputation for a fabulous feel to a bunch of people. Ya gota think they got the plumbing part aced? Intuitive controls, big diameter high water flow HK40 jets. Smooth/quiet/long lasting high flow pumps/motors.

Just because I hold Marquis in higher regard than BF does not mean you made a bad decision, for you. Please don't think that's what I am saying and sorry if I came off that way. I hold a couple others higher than Marquis. But these are my personal choices. Learned from a lot of feels. Believe it or not while not even close to my top 10 brands, Calspa had the best feel from all the tubs I owned. It was noisy, and an energy hog and beat up but it felt so comfortable for entertaining, soaking ,laying back watching stars and beating on a sore spot. Turn up the music to drown it out. Better feel for me than any of the other tubs I owned. 9 years old when I got it.
Retired

meriflower

Tman - I did take offense to you implying I possibly caused my spa problems due to water care.  On another post you said I was possibly a salesperson.  So sorry if I sounded hostile but oftentimes I feel that you try to discredit me on this forum for having different opinions.  By the way, I'm from MN too.

Bill

Back to the question asked. I highly recommend the Epic. I'm in year five with mine and have had no major problems with the tub.  The shaft on several control values have broke (they were not abused) and Marquis replaced them free of charge. Water maintenance is straightforward and the tub is very comfortable.  My brother in law also has an Epic several years older than mine and he would second what I have said. 
Have fun with yours.

MattieB

Thanks for all the great replies.  I am just waiting for the snow to melt before we get the tub delivered and set up.  Can't wait!   

Quickbeam

I take it you got the Marquis Epic?

MarKee

Congrats on the tub.  You won't be disappointed by the Epic.  Post some pictures when you get it all set up!

MattieB

Yes, I did get the Epic.  It was the most comfortable tub I wet tested, and I loved the feel of the jets.   The responses to my post helped me feel comfortable with my decision. 

Quickbeam

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it.

Sam

Yes, I did get the Epic.  It was the most comfortable tub I wet tested, and I loved the feel of the jets.   The responses to my post helped me feel comfortable with my decision.

Grats!  Marquis makes a good spa.  Happy hot-tubbing  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42