What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: External filtration systems  (Read 3353 times)

jerzy

External filtration systems
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »
I've been dumping and scrubbing way too often. Doing all the right stuff. Looking over the internet, can't find anything like this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

External filtration systems
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »

Kev B

Re: External filtration systems
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »
 Not sure what you are talking about. An external filter unit will not help, either way the filters need cleaned and chemistry needs balanced with shocking as needed depending on the amount of usage. Normally an average residential hot tub should only need to be drained 3 to 4 times a year.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:23 pm »
If you handle your suits right, and make sure to go in after your shower. Then be sure to sanitize/shock properly based on use. Going every 3-4 months on a fill is very common.

With the cost of the system, plus external plumbing and loss of pump head I'm not sure it's worth it.
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:37 pm »
In my 30+ years in this business, I have never heard of such a thing. The only thing this would do is allow you to go longer between filter cleanings. The "stuff" in your water that's making it so "crappy", is far too small to be filtered out with this type of filter. Me thinks you just need to learn how to more properly care for your spa.

Why not start with explaining what exactly your problems are, and telling EXACTLY what you're doing to maintain the water (including all the chemicals, the amounts you're putting in, and test readings).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Kev B

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:50:09 am »
 I think it would be a waste of money and if you are in an area that freezes it could also be a very bad idea(loss of efficiency, possible freeze damage to external unit). I clean all my service tubs filters every single week and that is regardless of the sq. ft. of the cartridge. Cleanliness entering the tub and shocking are the two key factors in hot tub health.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:50:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42