What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can you help identify this pump fitting?  (Read 3791 times)

jacuzzidude

Can you help identify this pump fitting?
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:02 am »
Well, I am deferring to the expertise of the forum.  Recently had a leak develop in my 2007 Jacuzzi J-345.  Thankfully it's quite obvious, no foam digging required.  I am pretty sure it's a threaded barb fitting.  I just need to figure out what kind of fitting (and possibly an online source if you know of one.)

Here's the pic:  It's leaking at the end of the small hose in the pic, where the spring clamp is.  Right where it enters on Pump 1.  I think this is some sort of priming hose.    PLease help!

Hot Tub Forum

Can you help identify this pump fitting?
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:02 am »

jacuzzidude

jacuzzidude

Re: Can you help identify this pump fitting?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:47:24 am »
OK so thinking ahead, would it be possible to attempt this fix without draining the spa or am i asking for major frustration?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04:04 am »
 Yes that's it.   And yes you can change it if your really quick.   ;)  Honestly just drain the spa and I would order one for each main pumps and there is also a smaller one on the heater behind the pack.  It might be metal already but worth checking and just replace all of them at the same time.    Will need some Teflon tape on the threads and don't over tighten.  I can get you the part number for the heater if you need it.

jacuzzidude

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:14 am »
Hey Jim, thanks for the input.  FUnny thing is I already replaced the one in the heater.  The day I got the spa (used) my dogs were in love with some smell on the inside of the cabinet and managed to put enough pressure on the heater fitting that it snapped.  Needless to say, I was not happy as I was getting ready to fill 'er up and break in the new tub!  OH well, here's hoping my local Jacuzzi store has the fittings in stock.  They had the heater fitting in stock, which tells me this is a common replacement.

Last question:  Are you sure there is one on pump 2?  I glanced quickly at Pump 2 but did not see one.  It would completely make sense Pump 2 would have the same fitting, but it was getting dark and I didn't see one at first glance.  Thanks again.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:14:24 am »
  Yes there should be one, if not id be surprised.

jacuzzidude

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 05:10:02 pm »
Good news.  local jaccuzzi store had the fitting and o-ring.  Bad news. They only wanted $25 for it.  Ouch that hurt.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:53 pm »
  ::)  Yeah they gouged you.. 

jacuzzidude

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 12:34:44 am »
  Yes there should be one, if not id be surprised.

Pump two had the hole plugged.  Good.   One less thing to leak and then pay exorbitant $$$ for part.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:09:53 am »
Was it $25 for the plastic fitting or for the stainless steel one?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:09:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42