What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spa-Clicking noise from board when temp drops one deg. from heat setting  (Read 3687 times)

shellman14315

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a used 2004 Caldera Kauai 220 gallon spa (240V)..... Hooked it up this week and most everything seems to be working fine.....Jets OK...Temperature OK......etc

However, when the temperature drops one degree below my heat setting, it begins to click, but when the temp jumps back up to my heat setting it stops...the clicking is coming from the board, probably a relay of some type..the red heater light comes on then off along with the clicking......My temperature gauge is constantly bouncing for example 100, 99, 100, 99, 100, 101, 100, 99 etc......most every time it goes one degree below my setting it starts clicking.

I spoke with Caldera and they said the heater (factory setting) should not kick back on until it has dropped two degrees from setting......that is not happening on my spa.  I pressed them for more information and they pushed me to the dealer which I have now found out is no longer in business.

I have pulled the filter and turned off the ozonator, shut it down for 30 mins and repowereed up..... tried turning off breakers differently...nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?  Thermistor, pressure switch, heat relay board, heater???  Other than the annoying noise, it works fine.

Thanks
Cory
Loomis, Ca
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:24:35 pm by shellman14315 »

Hot Tub Forum

Kev B

I have found this issue in the past with the rotary thermostats using potentiometers. Usually it is all built in to the topside for that year, so it can be a pricy shot in the dark, but that sounds like it. But first make sure the thermistor is nice and secure and insulated in the dry well.

shellman14315

Thanks Kev
I will look there first!

Islebethere

I have the same issue with my caldera spa, did you figure it out. Any guidance would be great

estanicki

Any resolution on this? I have the same issue on a 2005 Kauai and its at the 103 degree mark. The relay just goes nuts and kind of ruins the serenity of sitting under the stars....click....click....click

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42