What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Storing hot tub for a couple of cold days question  (Read 2059 times)

ralphw

Storing hot tub for a couple of cold days question
« on: February 11, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »
I have a artesian santa cruz 3 person spa. I just moved it to a new home and am will be having installed this weekend, so right now it's sitting in the back of my trailer. The next couple of nights it's going to be down to the upper teens. It is drained and I blew out the nozzles, etc with a blower. The question is do I have to worry about the tub for the next couple of nights in these sub freezing temperatures? I was thinking of putting in a space heater for the next couple of nights to keep it warm, would that help, or needed? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Storing hot tub for a couple of cold days question
« on: February 11, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »

Kev B

Re: Storing hot tub for a couple of cold days question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:01:06 am »
 If you really got the water out, no need to worry. Maybe open up the equipment unions and use a shop vac to suck out water from pump and jets....remove filter cartridge and suck water out from there.

Isaac-1

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:54:21 pm »
Call me paranoid about such things if you want, but I would give it a source of heat, both in the tub, and in the equipment compartment.  A little heat goes a long way, all it will likely take to keep things safely above freezing is a couple of incandescant light bulbs in a work light fixture.

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:33 am »
I know Issac....I started in So Cal and never worried about freezing until I moved to Denver and learned the hard way. I had a new tub craned up to a mountain home deck once, with the water trucked in. The factory did not get the water out of the pump properly and when they turned it on at 5pm in January it hummed. I got there at 7pm to work on it in a snowstorm....Nightmare!!!
 I have replaced countless manifolds from people that simply drain the tub with the stupid little drain hose and call it good. I guess that is why I hate full foam and love tubs like Arctic and Clearwater. The prima donna salesman in here wouldn't understand....their answer is to do a 500 trade in and sell them a new 10k hot tub.

ralphw

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 04:42:06 pm »
Thanks for the responses, I moved the trailer in the garage, and put a heater in the garage last night, everything was good, tonight suppose to be a little colder so I will put a light bulb inside of the tub also. I think I should be good to go.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 04:42:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42