What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Cover  (Read 3477 times)

Grottoguy

Hot Tub Cover
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:59 pm »
I am buying a hot tub to put near the pool (as opposed to having the hot tub built by my PB). Has anyone used Merlin's Deluxe, Ultra, or Thermolight Covers. I am also planning to cover the hot tub in the summer with only a thin solar cover (to keep out debris). I will use the main cover in the winter. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:44:21 am by Forum Admin »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Cover
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:59 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: HOT TUB COVER
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »
I am also planning to cover the hot tub in the summer with only a thin solar cover (to keep out debris). I will use the main cover in the winter. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

When you but a hot tub it comes with a cover. Use it, ALL year long.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Grottoguy

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:37:44 pm »
The cover and lifter that comes with it wont work because of where I'm placing the Hottub.   And during the summer I prefer not to use a heavy cover. I'd rather use a floating type cover. Any suggestions?

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:21 am »
Stay away from the blue bubble blanket and get a thick foam one. Most retailers have them and they should be around $100.00. wind will bring debris into the tub however and the efficiency will be greatly reduced.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »
And during the summer I prefer not to use a heavy cover. I'd rather use a floating type cover. Any suggestions?

Buy stock in your local power company?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Levelheadsteve

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 06:30:01 pm »
I could see using a solar type cover if you aren't planning on heating it in the summer.  However, since you have a pool I'm guessing that isn't the case. I think your power bill is going to be insane if you are heating the tub and only have a light cover on it all summer.

Quickbeam

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 01:52:07 am »
We were talking to a service tech late last summer and he told us about a service call he had been on. This was to one of the wealthier neighbourhoods in Vancouver, and the owner of the hot tub did not use any type of cover. Just didn't like the looks of a cover so refused to use one. This was during both summer and winter! I guess the guy had more money than he knew what to do with, but still pretty irresponsible just from an energy conversation perspective.

H2OTub

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 09:11:41 am »
At a spa I go to they have a hot tub (which helped me decide to buy one for myself), and all they use for a cover these days is the vinyl cover without the foam inserts. I guess the foam must have gotten waterlogged, and just don't want to buy new ones. Even though the tubs indoors, I wonder how much $$$ they're wasting with that "cover".

Grottoguy

Re: Hot Tub Cover
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »
I don't think that heating up the hot tub each weekend will be too costly, but in any event, my question is really what light covers do you recommend and what do you think about Merlin Delux covers.

tahnks

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Tub Cover
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42