What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog  (Read 22989 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »
What does AOL have to do with our question?  I thought this forum was for advice and help?   Just wondering.   :-\

The only prejudice I will admit to admit to is against AOL users.  AOL laid off me and 2500 of my closest friends and I do have this bias in my mind that only the least savy internet users use AOL.  What does that have to do with advice and help? Nothing, but I've also been here 12 years and seen a lot of shennanigans by some hot tub companies and one Colorado individual, so I made that statement to draw you out. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:16:33 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
What does AOL have to do with our question?  I thought this forum was for advice and help?   Just wondering.   :-\

Clearly I offended you, but if you have been on the internet long you have to get a thick skin. Over the past 12 years I've seen the fake posts to bad mouth a manufacturer here. Typically the poster hit and runs. I'll have you notice the person who posted the original reply message hasn't come back. Your timing may have/probably was coincidental.   I did quite a bit more checking than it might appear.    In this politicially correct society some people tell blonde jokes. With my background I tell AOL jokes.  8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:16:57 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Debbie Rice

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 05:57:04 pm »
Thank you all for assistance.  I am a serious buyer and I was so happy when I found your site!  I appreciate your honesty as I didn't understand all the negative posts at first.  I'm sorry anyone lost their job with AOL but I am old school and don't like change so I kept my email address all these years.  I certainly take a joke but being new to this forum I just didn't understand!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »
Let me officially welcome you to the forum Debbie. Cause none of these bozos did. But understand that we have seen, as Bill said, some things that would drop your jaw over the many years we have been hanging around here for kicks.

Who's to say the second poster made up the whole post about his experience with HS to sway you to BF. He hasn't been back??
Retired

Debbie Rice

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »
Tman122, thank you for your most kind welcome!

Budule

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »
I looked at Bullfrog pretty hard before I went with Jacuzzi (same dealer had both) .....but I knew with my OCD I would be switching jet packs like crazy and never satisfied .......I also think the poster on HotSprings was full of it as I researched them to  and NEVER herd of anyone having problems like that  .......

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 07:16:31 am »
Thank you all for assistance.  I am a serious buyer and I was so happy when I found your site!  I appreciate your honesty as I didn't understand all the negative posts at first.  I'm sorry anyone lost their job with AOL but I am old school and don't like change so I kept my email address all these years.  I certainly take a joke but being new to this forum I just didn't understand!

I never could get my mother to quit using AOL  ;)  Its just one prejudice I allow myself.

Debbie Rice

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 10:22:25 am »
When your old change is hard!  Lol

Hottubprosne

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 05:08:39 pm »
For the record I sell Bull Frog and we have very little issues with them. Hotsprings makes a great tub as well. Wet test for the best!

Debbie Rice

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »
I am going to have the tub by our pool.  That being said I am going to have a vault made for the tub.  Concrete walls and floor.  I have been told several suggestions - 1.  I was told to put it in only 14-16 inches and have 24" access all around the tub.  2.  With Bullfrog since most of the mechanism is in the jet packs, I really would only need access to the front panel.  My gut says to put 24" around but it's a landscaping issue with what to do so people don't fall in the 24" around the tub.  Comments or suggestions?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »
I am going to have the tub by our pool.  That being said I am going to have a vault made for the tub.  Concrete walls and floor.  I have been told several suggestions - 1.  I was told to put it in only 14-16 inches and have 24" access all around the tub.  2.  With Bullfrog since most of the mechanism is in the jet packs, I really would only need access to the front panel.  My gut says to put 24" around but it's a landscaping issue with what to do so people don't fall in the 24" around the tub.  Comments or suggestions?

You want access around all sides it no matter the model. I'd also only partially sink it in.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Debbie Rice

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:05 pm »
Has anyone ever done this or seen it done?  How to cover the hole around the tub?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42