What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog advice  (Read 7988 times)

Tummy54

Bullfrog advice
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:50 am »
So we started shopping for hot tubs and was leaning toward a hot springs or jacuzzi.  But after shopping a bit more we came across the Bullfrog. Very unique compared to others, design makes sense, sharp looking hot tub. 
During the others sales pitch each has own nitch, but all spent a lot of time on filtration.  I liked everything about bullfrog but they didn't say much about filtration and neither does their brochure.   Anyone? Anyone?
We haven't done a wet test, and the A8 floor model we like is at the "floor price" of about $9400.  Is this a good price?  My opinion, it's used if it has water in it, not a floor model.

Thanks in advance to all that take time to help out!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog advice
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:50 am »

Kev B

Re: Bullfrog advice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:54:50 am »
 Bullfrogs generally have two filters equaling at least 100 sq. ft. which is plenty. I have not seen the new model for 2014/2015 but they have always had an issue with the dead space behind the jet pack where algae and debri can easily gain a foothold if they are not properly maintained and it is not the funnest job to pull the jet packs and scrub the pipes. Remember, filtration is only as good as the maintenance person.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:07 am »
Bullfrogs generally have two filters equaling at least 100 sq. ft. which is plenty. I have not seen the new model for 2014/2015 but they have always had an issue with the dead space behind the jet pack where algae and debri can easily gain a foothold if they are not properly maintained and it is not the funnest job to pull the jet packs and scrub the pipes. Remember, filtration is only as good as the maintenance person.

I thought Bullfrog corrected the issue with the dead space behind the jet pack??? Don't they now have a nozzle or something that shoots water in that area to keep it clean? I just haven't heard this being an issue any more.

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:51 am »
Hi quickbeam....I like the Bullfrogs other than that, the dealer went out of business in my area a few years ago so there were no new Bullfrogs being sold around here for a while. A Catalina dealer just added Bullfrog to his line so I will be looking forward to seeing the new ones. I am going to the Long Beach pool show in March for the first time in 5 years so I will be checking them out, I am sure Bullfrog will be there.
 One nozzle strong enough to clean all 4 to six jet packs seems like it would take a lot away from the actual jets doesn't it? Or is there a dedicated pump or a 3 way valve just for that?

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:39 am »
I don't really know much about it, or about Bullfrog itself for that matter. I just remember reading somewhere that while this was an issue at one time, they had rectified it. Again, I think it was something to do with a nozzle coming out of the back of the jet pack to keep the rear area clean. Again, not sure of the details. Maybe if you find out more after you go to the show in March you could post about it.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:50:53 pm »
 We brought on B,frog about 8 months ago and have been very happy with them.   Filtration wise they do fine,  as far as the stagnant water behind the jet packs is not an issue.  I know it use to be and I sold against it as a fault.   Great spa in my opinion and still built in America.   

Waterlogger

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 02:16:53 pm »
I like the Wellspring filtration system in Bullfrogs, no weir and double barrel filters. I have never heard of algae growth behind the jetpaks.
That is a good price, I have A7L for 9400.00 so yeah.

Sam

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:16:20 pm »
Algae needs sunlight to grow.  No sunlight gets behind the JetPaks.  The new design has absolutely eliminated any issue with water behind the JetPaks.  It wasn't bad in the first place and only occurred in spas that were not properly maintained.  The new JetPaks have 100% eliminated this issue though.

I am a big fan of Bullfrog and the price in the OP is a fantastic deal!

meriflower

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 09:18:02 am »
We love our Bullfrog spa and have had it for a little over a year - trouble free!  I would recommend both Bullfrog and doing a wet test.  No issues with filtering and water quality.   We use a product called Brilliance which is bromine.  What Kev B is talking about is the old style.  I have no problems and the only time I clean the jetpaks is when I do water changes and I have not run across any algae or debris.

SCbarber

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 08:56:33 pm »
We have a bullfrog A7 and love it.  In fact, going in it right now.  Get one, you won't be sorry! 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »
Wet test first. You might find it easier and more comfortable to just move from seat to seat rather than changing jet packs.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42