What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita vs Bullfrog  (Read 8929 times)

Gsmith7845

Vita vs Bullfrog
« on: January 23, 2020, 10:05:18 am »
Hey guys, I was talking with a Bullfrog dealer about their models and the sales rep pushed me in the way of the Vita BRAND.......he indicated that Vita is "built better" than Bullfrog apparently and in the same price point.......can anyone weigh in on comparing these two ???  I was leaning toward Bullfrog initially because of the quality, simplistic hose design and reliability........curious about Vita though.

Hot Tub Forum

Vita vs Bullfrog
« on: January 23, 2020, 10:05:18 am »

ratchett

Re: Vita vs Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:26:50 am »
I'm still a new guy with his first spa so feel free to ignore me completely haha.  But I like to compare brands based on their site traffic - the more popular the brand, the more traffic it will have to it's website.

There's a site which tells you stats about a website's site traffic, and how popular it is, global ranking, etc.

So let's take a look at jacuzzi to see what the top name brand gets in traffic (good baseline - naturally no other brand in this industry will receive more traffic):
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/jacuzzi.com

Now let's look at Bullfrog Spas:
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bullfrogspas.com

Lastly, let's take a look at Vita Spa's website:
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/vitaspa.com

I could keep going but that should get you started. If you want to keep digging, keep an eye on the "Audience Overlap" section of the report - it shows you what other pages people are visiting in their hunt for a hot tub.

Now I'm not telling you to buy a spa based on how many people visit a website.  But I'm just saying if it's such a better built tub, where the hell is everyone and why the heck are they not visiting Vita Spas website? Try searching other brand's websites on that webpage and you'll see how they stack up (based on consumer traffic). 

This isn't a de-facto answer to your question, just trying to help you put things into comparison.  This is one of the tools I used when shopping for a spa to establish the brand's size.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 10:29:51 am by ratchett »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 10:57:44 am »
I wouldn't put ANY credence in that web traffic data relative as a predictor of spa quality. I entered a couple brands that I would NEVER consider and they have good traffic also. Jacuzzi has a brand name that helps them, that traffic is not based on quality really. Bullfrog has a good gimmick that gets them traffic (not demeaning their design at all really, it was a genius Marketing idea) but it isn't a vastly superior product, its just different (IMO of course).

Is Vita as good, better or worse than Bullfrog or Jacuzzi? Maybe its a Suburu vs Toyota/GM or maybe its smaller because its just not as good. I won't weigh in on that but if the customer feels good about the dealer and likes what he sees from Vita then maybe that's the better choice.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:07:53 am »
I would choose Bullfrog over Vita.  I'm not a fan of dealing with Maax (parent company to Vita) and I personally think Bullfrog is a better product.  I'm guessing the dealer has better margins on Vita or has inventory he wants to move.

Gsmith7845

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:17:44 am »
Would most here consider Jacuzzi as the best brand in terms of durability/reliability/quality, etc ???  Do they have a simplistic plumbing design such as Bullfrog ??? 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 02:00:27 pm »
Would most here consider Jacuzzi as the best brand in terms of durability/reliability/quality, etc ???  Do they have a simplistic plumbing design such as Bullfrog ???

No Jacuzzi has been building spas the same way for 30+ years, traditional plumbing and they definitely don't full foam their cabinets unless something has changed in the last couple years, last one we had on the 'wet rack' for repair had 8-12" of dead air space all the way around the cabinet...I would look at Bullfrog, Hot Springs, Marquis and some of the higher end Artesian models as good alternatives...just my opinion, good luck!

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 03:02:53 pm »
Bullfrog all day

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 06:41:08 pm »
To try and steer the conversation back to the poster's question, when determining the best spa for you, you should incorporate a few factors:  Quality / reputation of the manufacturer, quality / reputation of the dealer, and how *you* feel in the spa in terms of its ergonomics and feel of the jet pressure.  I could talk to you until I am blue in the face about my brand, my marketing strategy,  the simplicity or complicatedness or whatever of the build, etc. etc. but the fact is this:  None of that matters if *you* do not like the feel of the tub.  Simply put - you are buying this for relaxation.  If you're not comfortable, you're not buying it, regardless of what anyone, anywhere, says.

If the model makes you feel comfortable (again - ergonomics, jet feel, spacing, etc), that is step 1.  If the dealer has a poor reputation, I'd advise against a purchase, as a dealer is almost as important as feel.  If the dealer makes you comfortable, that is step 2.  Step 3 is finding model for model comparison.  Almost all manufacturers have tiers / trim levels (or whichever semantics you prefer) so you need to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.  To use a brand you're considering - Bullfrog has M, A, R, and X series.  Each will have variations of their product, quality of parts used, warranty, features, etc. etc. (don't kill me, Bullfrog people.  I am not bashing nor boasting the brand.  I am simply trying to convey knowledge!).  Make sure you're comparing - in this case, Vita and Bullfrog - like-minded tiers / trim levels (again - choose your preferred semantics) so that you're getting a more complete view of the situation.

Get a little deeper into the model comparisons, do research on your local dealers, and wet test (this is important!) and from there you should be pretty educated. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 11:30:24 pm »

No, Jacuzzi is a name and nothing more, no better or worse than a bunch of brands. Simplistic comes with other negatives, There are a ton of design differences that are both good and ????? just different. Vita, BF, Jacuzzi, all the same, which feels better on your ass?

And I agree with BFSM and the Wiz
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 11:33:46 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 11:41:34 pm »

No, Jacuzzi is a name and nothing more, no better or worse than a bunch of brands. Simplistic comes with other negatives, There are a ton of design differences that are both good and ????? just different. Vita, BF, Jacuzzi, all the same, which feels better on your ass?

And I agree with BFSM except Jacuzzi has an exceptional (different feel) than the rest and I agree with the Wiz
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 11:41:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42