What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Changing Jets to Match Bullfrog's Gyrossage  (Read 8854 times)

Sorrentino100

Changing Jets to Match Bullfrog's Gyrossage
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:08:47 am »
I wet tested the Bullfrog R7 and  thought the Gyrossage jetpak felt great. Unfortunately, I was too buoyant in the Bullfrog to the point that I would not consider purchasing one.

Can jets in other hot tubs be changed to try and replicate the feel of the Bullfrog Gyrossage? I also liked the Pulsator and Oscillator jetpaks and would like to mimic them in another spa.

Hot Tub Forum

Changing Jets to Match Bullfrog's Gyrossage
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:08:47 am »

Sam

Re: Changing Jets to Match Bullfrog's Gyrossage
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:17:40 pm »
Which Bullfrog did you test?  When you say to bouyant, you mean that you floated out of every single seat?  I'm sure that there are a few seats that will work for you.  I imagine you are talking about a lounger seat.  Have you considered a non-lounger spa?  Or just not sitting in the lounger seat?

Sorrentino100

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »
R7 was the model. Yes, was buoyant in every seat. Not a good design for me although the previously mentioned jetpaks were excellent.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:31:25 pm »
There are literally hundreds of different jets available. But in order for you to tell if any of them mimic a particular feel is to feel them. Test some other brands.
Retired

Topline Mike

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:23:59 am »
I read this all the time, new users floating out of the seats.  When my wife first wet tested some hot tubs, she floated also.  In my opinion, it just takes time to get used to sitting in a hot tub.  I will compare it to riding a bike.  You just don't hop on a bike the first day and ride, unless you are Lance Armstrong.  Give it a few tries, and your body will adapt at how to stay in the seat.  I wouldn't base my decision of buying a tub on being buoyant. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 12:02:59 pm »
I read this all the time, new users floating out of the seats.  When my wife first wet tested some hot tubs, she floated also.  In my opinion, it just takes time to get used to sitting in a hot tub.  I will compare it to riding a bike.  You just don't hop on a bike the first day and ride, unless you are Lance Armstrong.  Give it a few tries, and your body will adapt at how to stay in the seat.  I wouldn't base my decision of buying a tub on being buoyant.

Some people just plain float and I wouldn't assume it will work itself out. If you do float its not an indictment of that spa/brand, every person is built differently and every spa is different (seat angles, seat heights, footwell height...). If you float I suggest you just wet test another.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »

can't agree with this at all, little differences in size/volume can make a huge difference and that is why a wet test is almost necessary in my opinion....No matter what I do I float in every single seat in the Hot Spring Grandee model (500 gal/no lounge) but sit like a rock in every seat in the Vanguard (425 gal/no lounge)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »
I wouldn't base my decision of buying a tub on being buoyant. 

That's got to be one of the MOST unique statements I've ever seen in this industry. The entire world typically says the exact opposite (this is one of the BIG reasons for wet testing!)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 01:49:49 pm »
I wouldn't base my decision of buying a tub on being buoyant. 

That's got to be one of the MOST unique statements I've ever seen in this industry. The entire world typically says the exact opposite (this is one of the BIG reasons for wet testing!)

Completely agree, if someone floats in a particular spa I would advise they try another.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chartreux

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 03:02:25 pm »
You could also try adding a seat cushion, on the Sundance models I floated and then he had me try again with a  seat cushion and I stayed in the seat...
But I do suggest you keep trying them out with the wet testing also try out all the jets...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »
Yea, test more. You might find it's easier and more natural to change seats a few times during a soak for different feels without having to move a jet pack or buy more, or...........sorry bullfrog fans. Their a good brand just not for this person. It happens. They were impressed with your jets though so that helps your reputation. Maybe another model BF would work?

And the perfect tub for you will have at least 3 places you can sit comfortably and relax to a different feel without floating. If it makes you itch don't buy it either. Floating and itching right at the top of my list of don't get.

It's OK to make an effort and float in a hot tub (that's actually quite nice if your ears are under water and the jets drown out all outside noise, close your eyes and only open them to stare at the stars for a minute or 2. Wedge your toes someplace comfy. Spread your arms. Cool when it's snowing lightly to but 103-104 is appropriate here.) They make nets that can make this an even more relaxing experience.

But you shouldn't float when you don't want to.
Retired

Sorrentino100

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 12:50:48 am »
I'm going to try wet testing the A5l, it has 31" of depth which may help with the buoyancy issue. The gyrossage was my favorite jetpak followed by the Oscillator and Pulsator. All 3 had some type of kneading or pulsing action. The jets on all of these are the largest offered by Bullfrog. I like the plumbing simplicity, jetpak modularity and energy efficiency of the Bullfrog hot tubs. Hot tubs are fairly costly, so I will be taking my time and researching and wet testing until I find the best fit.

Omnigeek

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 09:45:31 pm »
Hmmm ... as an old diver, just how does one float in one tub but not another?  Your body's buoyancy in fresh water should be the same no matter what.  The only thing I can think of would be if someone had enough salt in the water to change their buoyancy but that's due to differences in the density of water, not tub design ...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 09:25:41 am »
Hmmm ... as an old diver, just how does one float in one tub but not another?  Your body's buoyancy in fresh water should be the same no matter what.  The only thing I can think of would be if someone had enough salt in the water to change their buoyancy but that's due to differences in the density of water, not tub design ...

The design of the seats plays a great deal in floating.  Even if your floating in the ocean and you put your feet up in the air your other half sinks.   Seats that force your knees up push your bottom down.  Seats that recline a great deal force your bottom up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Waterlogger

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
Women are more buoyant than men for some reason.

If your being blown out of the seat, turn the jets in that seat down...Cant see why it would matter what tub your in.

Hot water and bubbles.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42