What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hate to ask, but funds are tight  (Read 5092 times)

btrain

Hate to ask, but funds are tight
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »
Strongly considering a Celebrity Broadway or Napa by Marquis. Since funds are limited I need to get a good/fair price. Can anyone help with some numbers I should be keeping in mind on these two units? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hate to ask, but funds are tight
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »

MarKee

Re: Hate to ask, but funds are tight
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 01:53:26 pm »
They are great spas for the price.  In fact, we have less service calls on the Celebrity series than the higher-end Marquis Signature series.

We sell the Napa for $4,995, and the Broadway for $5,995.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:27:05 pm »
They are great spas for the price.  In fact, we have less service calls on the Celebrity series than the higher-end Marquis Signature series.

We sell the Napa for $4,995, and the Broadway for $5,995.

I sell right in line with those prices for that tub. Think I might be 100-200 less on the Broadway but those are in line with what you should pay for that tub

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 08:07:29 pm »

I think many times, the simpler the spa the better it runs, as long as it's from a good mnfg.. 

btrain

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »
Thanks for the quick responses. Leaning toward the Napa.

Now I need to decide on 110v or 220v. I've been reading up on the pros and cons of both. I'd need to have 220v installed if I went that route and I live in mild climate (Seattle) so perhaps 110v would suffice? But I don't want to cut corners either. We'll use the spa roughly 5 nights per week and it's just my wife and I 99% of the time. I'd estimate 15-45 minutes on average per soak. Any advice on voltage recommendations would be great as well. Thanks.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 12:45:30 am »
You'll probably be fine with 110v, I'm in a very similar climate (Portland) and we sell a lot of a Napas and Broadways to people that use the 110v standard configuration. 110v is going to heat quite a bit slower, but once it gets up to hot tub temperature it does a good job maintaining.  What you will notice is a 2-3 degree temperature drop over 20-30 minutes when you use it on 110v, because the spa loses heat with the cover off faster than it can maintain it.  A lot of people don't mind this temperature drop because you get more and more overheated the longer you stay in the water.  Everyone is different though, and some people want the water to stay really hot. The good thing is that both of the tubs you're looking at are convertible, so if you're not happy with it on 110v, you can do a simple conversion to 220v.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:24:44 am »
 Would agree with MarKee!   being North of you in Bellingham we sell a lot of 110 models with no issues.  That being said, some do like to maintain their spas at 104 for that we suggest 220v. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:24:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42