What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The plot thickens  (Read 4971 times)

Nhsusan

The plot thickens
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:38:08 am »
Thought I was all settled on the Hotspot SX for $4,200 ( cover, start up chemicals and delivery) when my Marquis dealer ( both are great dealers Marquis abit closer) sent me this quote.

Marquis 322.  $4,899.

Marquis 435   $5,486.
(Yes, I know with the 435 is a 220 hookup). This tub is abit more than I need but it seems like a great price.

Help!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:49:52 am by Nhsusan »

Hot Tub Forum

The plot thickens
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:38:08 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: The plot thickens
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 10:23:41 am »
Have you wet tested or sat in all 3 dry to see if they fit you properly?  Out of those 3 the best deal is the 435.  Even on sale my price is closer to $6500 with no options.  If you are really trying to avoid the 220v line check to see if the marquis dealer has a 425 in stock that he would want to give you a good deal on. 

Nhsusan

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 11:49:54 am »
I have only sat it the SX. Neither of the HS dealers anywhere near me have an SX filled.
It felt great dry though.

The 322 would be a special order however this dealer have a trade up deal if you do not love your hot tub. Within 2 mnths I can give it back and get something equal or more.

The 435 is in stock and I can wet test that on Monday.

Regarding power supply, I am not sure if the plug and plays will reheat fast enough for a nice long soak here with our NH winters.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 02:00:32 pm »
I have only sat it the SX. Neither of the HS dealers anywhere near me have an SX filled.
It felt great dry though.

The 322 would be a special order however this dealer have a trade up deal if you do not love your hot tub. Within 2 mnths I can give it back and get something equal or more.

The 435 is in stock and I can wet test that on Monday.

Regarding power supply, I am not sure if the plug and plays will reheat fast enough for a nice long soak here with our NH winters.

It gets cold in NH.  I'm in Mass so hoping we don't have a winter like last year.  I think once you try the 435 you will really like it and the others will be a moot point

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:14 pm »
The 322 and 435 are both nice.  If you're looking for something that can seat more than 2-3, the 435 is a really good choice.  It's a very comfortable spa and the adironack chair in the 435 is one of my favorite seats, it's very hard to float out of.  Like Hottubguy said, the price on the 435 is really good, we sell them for $6,995 right next to the factory in Oregon.

You are correct, running the spa on 220/240V will allow you to maintain a solid temperature the entire time you're in the tub.  110V could lose 2-4 degrees in colder weather while you're using it, especially on a larger spa.

If 110V plug-in is a must, you might be able to get the dealer to downgrade the pump in the 435 so that it can run on 110V, but not all dealers will do this.  Also, you will go from 160 gallons per minute to 120 gallons per minute, so less power on the jets.

Another option if 110V is a must, there is a version of the 435 called the Broadway than runs on 110V.  It's the same exact layout, but it has some stripped down features.

One other thing to point out is that all Marquis are made in Independence, Oregon, and it's an employee-owned company.  The HotSpots are made in Mexico.

Good luck in your search!

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 01:38:58 pm »

One other thing to point out is that all Marquis are made in Independence, Oregon, and it's an employee-owned company.  The HotSpots are made in Mexico.

This is a moot point.  They are both high quality hot tubs.  Thermospas were made in Connecticut for awhile... were those better than Mexican made Hot Spots, Jacuzzi's, Sundance, etc... ?

Racenut

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 02:03:02 pm »
This is a moot point.  They are both high quality hot tubs.  Thermospas were made in Connecticut for awhile... were those better than Mexican made Hot Spots, Jacuzzi's, Sundance, etc... ?

I disagree....  when deciding between two otherwise equal choices, it could be the deciding factor for some.  Using Thermospas as an example isn't the same, because they aren't equal. This country is in dire trouble when it comes to our manufacturing capabilities... for various different reasons not pertinent to a hot tub forum.... but until consumers start making active choices to support American manufacturing, it will continue to decline.  That's not to say you should settle for inferior products, but when the products are on par, then buy American!   And that's not even getting into a company with employees with a vested interest in the company vs a company who's only obligation is to their stockholders who are only interested in cutting costs and maximizing profits.

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »
That's not to say you should settle for inferior products, but when the products are on par, then buy American! /

My thoughts exactly!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 09:29:26 pm »

It's not a moot point when comparing two manufacturers who make comparable spas. I would much rather support a American made product versus a company that manufactured outside of the country. That was actually one of my reasons for carrying marquis versus caldera when I first became a dealer of marquis. Plus the e series tubs from Marquis are a better product then the hot spot line from hot springs.

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »

Plus the e series tubs from Marquis are a better product then the hot spot line from hot springs.

I get it, this is an opinion forum.  Everybody has got one.  This is your opinion, and that is fine. 

What I will say is that the message "American Made Tubs over non..."  That message is oversold.  It gives off the impression that you are buying crap if you buy a Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1, Hot Spot, or Limelight... which I will say is completely untrue.  Those are all great, high quality hot tubs made by AMERICAN companies.  Sure they are not assembled in America, but most things nowadays are not. 

I am just trying to help people who are looking at hot tubs for their own use on this forum.  I stay away from "this brand is better because" arguments.  As I said, Marquis is a great hot tub, so is Hot Spot. 

To add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it... Bullfrog is better than both anyway.   ;)

Racenut

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 01:47:50 am »
To add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it... Bullfrog is better than both anyway.   ;)

AND MADE IN THE USA!  ;D

WIN - WIN!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 06:25:29 am »
I get it, this is an opinion forum.  Everybody has got one.  This is your opinion, and that is fine. 
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:36 am »

Plus the e series tubs from Marquis are a better product then the hot spot line from hot springs.

What I will say is that the message "American Made Tubs over non..."  That message is oversold.  It gives off the impression that you are buying crap if you buy a Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1, Hot Spot, or Limelight... which I will say is completely untrue.  Those are all great, high quality hot tubs made by AMERICAN companies.  Sure they are not assembled in America, but most things nowadays are not. 

I am just trying to help people who are looking at hot tubs for their own use on this forum.  I stay away from "this brand is better because" arguments.  As I said, Marquis is a great hot tub, so is Hot Spot. 

Lol. I meant more your not comparing apples to apples when comparing e series to hot spot. If he was comparing e series to limelight or hot spot to celebrity series by marquis then the comparisons would be more apples to apples comparison. Agree that the guys in Mexico make a good tub. I would just prefer to buy American made

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42