What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Resort & Electricity Usage  (Read 3495 times)

Indyzav

Marquis Resort & Electricity Usage
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »
I have a Marquis Resort hot tub and over the past two monthS my electric bill has jumped up an extra $130/month.  All other usage in the house seems to be the same.  I live in MA and was wondering how often the tub should be coming on during the day?  I have it set to filter twice a day but I notice that it is kicking on about every hour during the day and I have to go hit the quiet soak button. If anything I would think it would be less for August and September because it isn't heating as much.  I had the temp set to 90 degrees  Is this normal?  Went to see my hot tub dealer but they are closed today.  I have the electric company coming to check my meter but I have noticed the hot tub kicking on more frequently.  Just didn't know if anyone out there knows how often it should be running when it isn't on filter cycle. Thank you!  LOVE THE TUB BY THE SAY!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Resort & Electricity Usage
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis Resort & Electricity Usage
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:00 pm »
I have a Marquis Resort hot tub and over the past two monthS my electric bill has jumped up an extra $130/month.  All other usage in the house seems to be the same.  I live in MA and was wondering how often the tub should be coming on during the day?  I have it set to filter twice a day but I notice that it is kicking on about every hour during the day and I have to go hit the quiet soak button. If anything I would think it would be less for August and September because it isn't heating as much.  I had the temp set to 90 degrees  Is this normal?  Went to see my hot tub dealer but they are closed today.  I have the electric company coming to check my meter but I have noticed the hot tub kicking on more frequently.  Just didn't know if anyone out there knows how often it should be running when it isn't on filter cycle. Thank you!  LOVE THE TUB BY THE SAY!

Talk to the dealer about whether your spa has an economy mode. If so have them explain how it works. Actually your manual should have that info. It also would be nice to meter the actual tub to see exactly what its usage is.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:11:08 pm »

Something doesn't sound right. Is it coming on every hour or is it staying on all the time?  I'm thinking it might be in the filter settings. I'm pretty sure I know who this is, so give me a call in the morning at my store so we can get this figured out

Matt

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:11:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42