What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaky tub  (Read 16519 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Leaky tub
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 09:37:59 pm »
Clover
You seem to spend a lot of time getting upset--my Karma is in fine shape---when I was an active worker I managed 140 to 180 men and women --and we reached our goals---99% of the time.  You cannot do that without knowing how to listen, how to be critical and how to resolve issues.  On every project tho there was one person that gummed up the works and they either were motivated to see the light or were carnage.
When you say " the chemicals are in the water, the fittings are not subject to leaking, so there is no way for the chemicals to come in contact with the glued fittings "---that statement makes no sense!  Every thought in that sentence is contradictory---
------We are talking here about leaking fittings--and you say they are not subject to leaking--amazing
------The water is laced with chemicals and you say there is no way for that chemically laced water to come in contact with glued fittings!  Amazing
The quest here for most of us is knowledge in one form or another ---not one-upmanship.
For me on this subject the question is why do fittings leak, is it vibration, chemical interaction, faulty glue, ---there is a reason but that reason has not been defined yet.
One post said that the "glue"---melted the pvc and that the process was actually a melting and fusing of the pvc---a welding if you will---I am not so sure of that yet--I think some glues do that to some materials but not all---so that is worth looking in to --don'
t you think?

Why do you care about this stuff anyway?    You are getting a new spa and a good one at that.  Chances are you won't see a leak for say 20 years unless a fitting breaks or Jaun didn't show up at the factory that day and Miguel had to take his place, and even Miguel is really good.. Quit trying to become a rocket scientist over this chit.   Get the spa and enjoy it!   Curious if you play golf?   I would hate to be in the 4 some behind you while you analyze which club to hit off the tee on a straight away par 5.    ;D   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 09:37:59 pm »

clovett

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »
This is a joke right? I love running across people like you that give up and call me out....my labor rate goes way up!  Blind leading the blind in here. I was at the car wash the other day and laughed my *** off when I saw a guy who had his rims sprayed with flex seal watch it fall off.
 I was on a job not long ago where the guy used a full can of the magical spray silicone....you think cleaning old foam off the pipes is a pain,try that.

No, it's not a joke and I don't need you to come and do anything for me. 

Using just flex spray by itself would indeed be a joke.  Using flex spray and backing it up after letting it cure with 100% silicone, it's SILICONE just like in the tube.  The spray simply fills in all the cracks and the 100% silicone from the tube backs that up and forms a water seal.

So being it's silicone / silicone are you saying the other people here saying try silicone are all idiots or are you just making fun of spray silicone used in the correct manner?

HEY I bet if you put a tube of silicone on car rims it would fall off too!

Hey I've read lots of stories of people using spray silicone and expecting miracle results and NOT GETTING ANY.  Because they didn't understand how it works. 

When you apply silicone from a caulk tube you get air pockets and your seal stands a good chance of a leak.  If you spray it with silicone, allow it to cure, spray again, allow it to cure then spray and apply silicone from a tube your surface area just increased dramatically and you have a better chance of success.  This is simply better than just applying from a tube.  The best way would be to take it apart and apply a bead, as was suggested, then apply pressure.  But you probably don't understand WHY that is better you just know it's the right way.

It's because it offers more surface area for the seal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42