What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration questions  (Read 2023 times)

mrpenguin

Filtration questions
« on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »
I have a few questions regarding filtration & filters, primarily for my j-470, but probably apply to other brands as well.

- The Factory setting is to have the circ. pump on for 12 hours a day.   Does it really need to run that much?  Sales guys were boasting about the size of the pump and how much water it moves.   If that's the case, why 12 hours, every day?  How long do most of you run yours?   I could see running it for a while after a party or so, then after the water's perfect, you can cut back a few hours, to like 7 to 10 if not using, or would that be bad?

- I saw some posts about not using the micro-filter and swapping that side with a full size normal filter.   Is that still valid, and does anyone know the part number for the 2014 micro side?   It is a half inch shorter in diameter than the other.   (here's that thread:  http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,6299.msg73472.html#msg73472 )

- Every other week I wash the filters, they are still white and besides a bit of grass or hair, don't really see much difference after cleaning.   I assume that is a good thing, no dirt = longer lasting filters and we're doing a good job of going into the tub clean?

Thanks for any input on these.

Hot Tub Forum

Filtration questions
« on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42