What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie looking for some help on selection  (Read 2509 times)

billyp

Newbie looking for some help on selection
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:51 am »
1st time to this Forum, 1st time hot tub buyer. In our area (upstate NY) we are looking at the Saratoga, Sunrise, Maxx and Coast Hot tubs. If anyone has any feedback that could help us in our selection, it would be greatly appreciated. Looking for 5-6 person with a lounger. All are similar in price and I've been asking a lot of questions to the dealers, but if anyone on this forum could help with positive or negative feedback, we'd certainly be grateful...thanks folks.
billyp

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie looking for some help on selection
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:51 am »

kitchener

Re: Newbie looking for some help on selection
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »
Of the ones you named, I think Coast has the best reputation. 

If you've been using the "Search" function, by now you probably already know that wet-testing is the most essential ingredient.  We recently wrapped up our own hot tub purchase and wet-testing delivered results that diverged a lot from what our expectations were.  So much so, we came to decide we would exclude any hot tub we were considering if we couldn't wet-test it.   There were several models I thought sure I was going to buy, only to find we liked another much more.  It's all subjective, though, so my nirvana could be your ho-hum.

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:50:57 pm »
Make sure that once you do have your search narrowed down that you find time to do a wet test...take your wife along for the wet testing, as the hot tub spa has to feel good to you or you'll be wasting money...

Keep open to Marquis and Sundance Brands....Those are my picks right now, the Hot Springs Moto Massage was too rough for me and I did get a bruise from the wet tests and others on here really love that moto massage...so...make sure to try your choice out before you buy...

Do on-line research as well, the Marquis has a feature called microsilk that is supposed to help with dry skin problems and the main reason I'm considering them...also this is only on certain models of Marquis Spas...

DaveMc

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »
My new Sundance Optima is sitting on the deck unfilled because they (FACTORY)forgot to isnaall the eco wrap---so no "owner comments here just shopper comments:
reasons to go with Sundance---Thickness of shell, ecowrap, island in the bottom center  is a place to dock your feet and helps keep you planted in your seat and not floating up---seats/headrest are better able to accommodate a 5' to 5'-5" lady (or man) --seat is just higher than Hot Springs. pumps are larger than a comp in Hot Springs---we liked the lounge--but soon realized that you actually float up so went with Optima for 4 seats---we liked the moto massage but is was  or could be a little rough and had a lot of moving parts (more to break)---we liked thre HS wsalt water chlorine thing but thought the salt may corrde the ss heater.

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:41:23 pm »
Just to show it is all a matter of personal preference I have an older Hot Spring Jetsetter that I bought last winter and I find the moto massage a bit too gentle, of course mine is the original motomassage, not the motomassage DX

johnny

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:26 pm »
1st time to this Forum, 1st time hot tub buyer. In our area (upstate NY) we are looking at the Saratoga, Sunrise, Maxx and Coast Hot tubs. If anyone has any feedback that could help us in our selection, it would be greatly appreciated. Looking for 5-6 person with a lounger. All are similar in price and I've been asking a lot of questions to the dealers, but if anyone on this forum could help with positive or negative feedback, we'd certainly be grateful...thanks folks.
billyp

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42